Having trouble watching this video? Click here.
Patient Attraction Episode 751
There’s an unbelievable amount of content on the Internet, and more being produced every second. If you want to break through that clutter, you’ve got to write great headlines that grab your dental patients. I’ll be right back with 5 tips to help you do just that.
– Welcome to the Patient Attraction Podcast.
– I’m Colin Receveur.
– For a lot of dentists, the idea of writing blog posts or other social media content leads to brain freeze.
– I’ll talk about writing the content in another podcast.
– But here are 5 tips to help dentists write headlines like a pro.
– Number 1: Brainstorm some ideas with other people.
– You don’t have to come up with everything on your own.
– Your staff can probably suggest some good topics.
– And they might give you some insight into how to pitch what you write to a particular audience.
– Number 2: Narrow it down.
– Write a working headline that describes what you want to write about.
– For instance, “teeth whitening” is a fairly broad topic.
– Your headline might be, “Why Dental Patients Prefer XYZ Whitening.”
– That gives you a focus and will help organize your thoughts.
– Number 3: Rock that headline!
– If you know who you’re writing for, you know something about them.
– Add in words or a short phrase that will grab your readers.
– Leave a little mystery to entice them to read further.
– Number 4: Have a little fun.
– Alliteration, word play, and emotionally driven words like “must,” “never,” “always,” and “great” catch readers’ attention.
– Number 5: Under-promise and over-deliver.
– Your content has to live up to the headline or you’ve cheated the reader.
– Once you’ve finished the piece, double-check your headline to make sure you’ve delivered the goods.
– Join me for tomorrow’s podcast.
– Until then, keep moving forward.