Is your marketing helping, hurting, or making no difference?
Take our quiz and find out!
Patient Attraction Episode 440
Yesterday, I told you that Google announced that mobile searches now outnumber desktop searches in the United States. But Google didn’t call a press conference to announce the news. It actually slid the news in during an announcement about changes to its pay-per-click platform, Google AdWords. I tell you about those changes when we return.
– During Google’s announcement earlier this month, a Google vice president made a very telling statement.
– He said, “Google is a company built on intent and immediacy.
– “Our mission has always been to connect people with what they are looking for in the exact moment they are looking.
– “These are moments that matter to consumers, to marketers and to us at Google because they are when decisions are being made and preferences shaped.”
– Written right out of the web marketing handbook.
– That is our mission, too.
– Adwords is one of the ways we, and Google, accomplish that mission.
– And Google has made some changes that will affect all of us who use AdWords.
– First, Google expanded its automation.
– Automated Bidding includes a new reporting dashboard lets dentists see how their ads are working over time.
– It also includes new simulation tools to help you balance cost and volume at different cost-per-acquisition levels.
– Another automation change is Dynamic Search Ads, which don’t require keywords.
– The user interface is easier to use, and it includes recommended category targets based on the content of your website.
– It also makes it easier to see which ads will appear and the landing pages they will lead to.
– Second, Google has expanded how you can measure the effectiveness of your AdWords in three ways:
- AdWords attribution, which used to be called search funnels, now goes beyond last-click attribution.
– You can select an attribution model for different conversion types.
– What you choose will be reflected in your AdWords reporting and integrated into your automated bidding.
– It also includes data-driven attribution, which uses conversion data to calculate the contribution of each keyword across the conversion path.
- Cross-device conversions integrated with automated bidding.
– Because dental prospects may start their search on one device but finish on another, later this year cross-device conversions will be integrated into automated bidding and you will have the option to include cross-device conversions as part of the Conversions column.
- Finally, marketing experiments.
– Google introduced new tools to help AdWords clients measure the incremental impact generated from your Google ads.
– For many of you, that is very exciting news that will help you use Google AdWords better.
– For some of you, your heads are spinning.
– If you are one of the latter, I want to tell you about my book “Attract More Patients in the Next Six Months Than in the Last Six Years.” The book is the culmination of all my marketing expertise, and it can be yours for only the $4.97 cost of shipping at www.MoreAndBetterPatients.com while supplies last.
– Have a great rest of your weekend, and keep moving forward.