Is your marketing helping, hurting, or making no difference?
Take our quiz and find out!
Having trouble watching this video? Click here.
Patient Attraction Episode 1165
If there’s one thing small business owners like dentists crave, it’s time away from the business. I know, because that was me until a year or two ago. We wear too many hats and have too many responsibilities to feel comfortable being gone. But the whole purpose of working for yourself is to be the decision-maker. That should include being able to take a few days off once in a while. After the break, I’ll tell you the best way to position yourself and your dental practice so you can enjoy the rest of life. Stay tuned.
– I’m Colin Receveur, CEO of SmartBox.
– Thanks for watching the Patient Attraction Podcast™.
– Dentists who own their practices typically wear too many hats.
– They’re juggling personnel issues, practice insurance, supply chain management, marketing, and a host of other things.
– That’s in addition to their diagnostic and treatment responsibilities.
– Is this you?
– If so, did you really think this was what dentistry was going to be like?
– You may have heard the old saying, “When you’re up to your butt in alligators, it’s hard to remember that your original intention was to drain the swamp.”
– That’s a fair description of dental practices for many dentists.
– It means that time away from the practice hardly ever happens.
– In fact, for many dentists, work follows them home.
– That impacts dentists’ family lives and social lives.
– It also increases their overall stress and fatigue.
– That’s a shame because dentistry should be a joy to practice, not a constant, frantic juggling act.
– Dr. Kevin McMahon of Edgewood, Kentucky, knows that “up to your butt” feeling all too well.
– But he found a way to lessen his load.
– He said, “I’m very happy with SmartBox.
– “It actually puts my marketing on autopilot.
– “That makes it a lot easier for me.
– “It’s something I don’t have to worry about.
– “I’m the owner of the practice here, so I’m managing a bunch of people.
– “If I can take something off my plate like that – that I know is quality, is going to work, that I’m proud of – that makes a big difference for me.
– “I can put that to the side and do other things I’ve got to do.”
– What would your life be like if you could devote one hour a month to your marketing?
– Odds are that would free up a huge chunk of time.
– That’s not only possible with SmartBox, it’s the rule for our dentists.
– We take care of providing a steady stream of better patients.
– Our doctors get to focus on actually doing the dentistry, which is what makes them money.
– And since we get them better patients with higher lifetime value to the practice, those dentists don’t have to work as hard.
– As just one example, Dr. McMahon didn’t just lighten his workload, he changed it.
– He told us, “I’m staying busier in times that normally, I wouldn’t be busier.
– “I’m being more productive in things that I’m doing.
– “I’m moving toward the larger cases, implants, things like that, and have associates do other work.”
– And with associates to handle the day-to-day dentistry, Dr. McMahon is in a much better position to actually enjoy what he does inside the practice and outside.
– Are you ready to start getting better patients and being able to have a life outside the practice?
– Visit smartboxdentalmarketing.com and reserve your free, no-obligation Practice Discovery Session™.
– We’ll discuss your goals, your capabilities, and your particular market.
– After the session, you’ll receive your free Patient Attraction Roadmap™ as well.
– There’s life outside the dental practice, and you owe it to yourself not to miss out.
– Join me for our next podcast.
– Until then, keep moving forward.