Having trouble watching this video? Click here.
Patient Attraction Episode 1090
SmartBox works with more than 550 dentists on 3 continents. I’m happy to report that maybe a handful of them are still working too hard, or too long, or for too little. We’re working on that. But there are tens of thousands of dentists out there who are doing exactly that – working too hard, for too long, for too little. It’s a combination that will make a dentist old before his or her time. But there is a solution, and when we come back I’ll tell you how to make dentistry fun and much more profitable. Stay tuned.
– I’m Colin Receveur.
– Thanks for watching the Patient Attraction Podcast™.
– Dentistry is a profession that changes lives for the better.
– It should be rewarding both personally and professionally, and for many dentists it is.
– But when you’re bent over the chair 40 or even 50 hours a week doing routine cases, it can be hard to feel gratified.
– When dentistry becomes an endurance contest, you’re doing it wrong.
– Here’s why that happens.
– The vast majority of dentists still market the way dentists have marketed for decades.
– They chase patients by advertising on price, discounts, and specials.
– The result is that they attract patients who are driven by those considerations.
– Those dentists wind up with a stream of low-value cases with little or no loyalty to the practice.
– With low case value, dentists work longer, harder, and for less.
– Those one-and-dones can chew up your marketing budget and for not nearly enough return.
– It’s far cheaper to keep an existing patient than to have to recruit a new prospect.
– So dentists have to keep chasing the same class of patients in the same way to pay the bills, pay the staff, and maybe put something away for retirement.
– It’s the slow path to success at best.
– For many dentists, it’s a path to an unhappy life.
– It shouldn’t be that way, and it doesn’t have to be.
– There’s a proven method of getting not just more patients, but better patients.
– It focuses on the 20 percent of your market made up of people with the resources and willingness to pay more for the right dentist.
– Those better patients aren’t driven by low price, discounts, and coupons.
– They’re primarily interested in 2 things.
– The first is an ongoing, trust-based relationship with a dentist and his or her practice.
– The second is a superior experience as a patient in that practice.
– Of course, any practice that wants to keep its patients also has to deliver the results that patients want.
– But if you can establish that relationship, provide a superior experience, and deliver results, you likely have those patients for life.
– How many of those better patients are you getting in your practice?
– If you’re advertising like most dentists, probably not all that many.
– To get those better patients, you need a system that works 24/7 to position you as the only logical choice to solve your prospects’ dental problems.
– Basically, you need a Patient Attraction System™.
– SmartBox’s industry-leading system helps its dentists stand out from the great mass of dentists.
– It takes them out of price wars and gets them more and better patients.
– Those are patients who stay, pay, and refer.
– Just ask Dr. James Kiehl in New Hampshire.
– When he became a SmartBox dentist, he told us, , “Some of the advertising I’ve done in the past was more offer-driven, free exam, X-ray kinds of things.
– “When you bring patients in that way, you’re chasing them with the next offer or they’re chasing you for the next offer, all the way down the line.
– “Since we’ve implemented our SmartBox Patient Attraction System, we’re definitely getting the quality patients that I want to see come into my practice.
– Are you working too hard, for too long, for too little?
– Are you ready to stop that and put your practice on a secure path to success?
– Visit PatientAttractionBlueprint.com and schedule a Practice Discovery Session call.
– We’ll show you how our Patient Attraction System™ can double or even triple your practice.
– Or you can keep working too hard, for too long, for too little.
– But I’ll be damned if I know why you’d want to.
– Join us for our next podcast.
– Until then, keep moving forward.