Is your marketing helping, hurting, or making no difference?
Take our quiz and find out!
Having trouble watching this video? Click here.
Patient Attraction Episode 1176
If you’re a fan of the old black-and-white films, you’ve probably seen a couple of the Keystone Kops movies. If you haven’t, long story short: Bumbling cops in uniforms run around frantically – even into each other – and suffer numerous mishaps, but eventually they get their man. What I hear from dentists these days is that their practices are beginning to resemble that old-time series. Dentists are running frantically between rooms because their schedules are ridiculously crowded. After the break, I’ll tell you how you can work less and earn more.
– Thanks for watching the Patient Attraction Podcast™.
– I’m Colin Receveur, CEO of SmartBox.
– The great thing about a strong economy and low unemployment is that many more people are seeking dental care.
– That’s also the terrible thing about it.
– Dentists all over the country are suddenly swamped with patients.
– They’re drowning in patients, and they describe themselves as roller-skating between operatories trying to keep up.
– I can only imagine what it’s like in multi-dentist practices.
– It probably resembles the Keystone Kops at times.
– But while the patient numbers have soared, average case values haven’t.
– Do the math, and those dentists are working too hard for too long for too little.
– That’s the problem with volume practices.
– Dentists get all those patients because they advertise on low price, insurance, and discounts.
– In return, they get patients who represent low value to the practice.
– And with low prices and discounts, margins are very tight.
– Not only that, but many of those patients are one-offs with no loyalty to the practice.
– So those dentists keep marketing for more, low-value patients.
– It’s possible to make money that way, but it’s hard on the dentist and the staff.
– And it’s not nearly as much money as they could be making with better patients.
– Of course, some dentists like Dr. Michelle Haynes of Highlands Ranch, Colorado, have found the way to see more patients and make more money.
– She said, “Since we’ve been working with SmartBox, we actually have had a 30 percent growth or higher each year …
– “… which is pretty incredible, so we’re thrilled about that.
– “We’re busier than we’ve ever been and more profitable than we’ve ever been.
– “That’s what we want, right?”
– Busier than ever AND more profitable than ever.
– She’s not accomplishing that through margin-slashing, low-price advertising that brings in price shoppers and one-and-dones.
– She’s getting better dental patients thanks to SmartBox – and one heck of a return on her investment.
– Here’s what else she said: “We love getting our reports monthly on just what our return on investment is with SmartBox.
– “We’ve been thrilled to see we average about 20 to 1 return on investment with our marketing dollars spent.
– “It was even as high as 50 to 1, so that has been pretty exciting to see just the growth we’ve been able to accomplish.”
– THAT is how you make money in dentistry.
– Not by working yourself to death on low-value patients.
– Not by running frantically between rooms.
– Not by working too hard for too long for too little.
– Since you’re still watching this podcast, something I’ve said has resonated with you.
– If you’re ready to change your practice from high-volume to high-quality, better patients, here’s how to get started.
– Go to smartboxdentalmarketing.com and reserve your free, no-obligation Practice Discovery Session™.
– We’ll schedule a 25-minute phone call with you at a convenient time.
– The results from that call will allow us to create your completely personalized Patient Attraction Roadmap™.
– Your free, no-obligation Roadmap will give you recommendations for thriving in your market.
– Let’s leave the Keystone Kops in the past where they belong.
– You can work less, earn more, and enjoy life again with SmartBox.
– Join me for our next podcast.
– Until then, keep moving forward.