Is your marketing helping, hurting, or making no difference?
Take our quiz and find out!
Having trouble watching this video? Click here.
Patient Attraction Episode 804
One thing that most dentists struggle with is case acceptance. It’s true that you won’t sell 100 percent of your solutions to patients’ dental problems. Nobody does. But there may be reasons that you’re not selling as many as you could. And those reasons could begin with you. I’ll be back after the break to tell you how to get out of your own way.
– I’m Colin Receveur, founder and CEO of SmartBox Web Marketing.
– Welcome to the Patient Attraction Podcast.
– In case you’re new to the podcast, let me tell you a little about me.
– My dad’s a dentist, and I spent a lot of hours in his practice growing up.
– I combined my love of computers with my understanding of dental practices to create SmartBox Web Marketing.
– Now, my company works with over 500 dentists on three continents to get them more patients, more profits, and more freedom.
– So, I know a lot of dentists, and I know that case acceptance can be a problem for quite a few of them.
– I’ve been thinking about why that is, and I have a few ideas to share.
– First off, did you go to dental school to learn how to sell?
– No, you went to become an expert in solving patients’ dental problems.
– I doubt that many, if any, dentists have a background in sales.
– Which leads to my first point: Selling your case solution takes you out of your comfort zone.
– It’s human nature to be cautious and reserved when you’re trying to do something important that you’re not trained for.
– But that very caution and reserve can make you appear uncomfortable in front of patients.
– Second, those patients are probably anxious about what you’re going to propose and how much it will cost.
– This is a formula for sales failure.
– It builds a wall between you and the patient.
– You’ve probably learned a few techniques to help put patients at ease.
– Have you learned anything to help you?
– Or are you still fighting yourself when it comes to selling?
– There are classes you can take to get more comfortable with selling.
– Here’s the third idea – in my experience, what works best is to stop thinking about yourself.
– It’s not you versus the patient, because you both want the same thing.
– You want their dental problems to be solved.
– Keep the patient’s welfare at the top of your mind during case presentations.
– You’ll be a person who happens to be a dental expert.
– But if it’s dentist “you” versus “person” you, everybody loses.
– Until next time, keep moving forward.
– Are you ready to fast-track your success? Are you ready for more patients, more profits, and more freedom? If so, go to smartboxdentalmarketing.com/application or just smartboxdentalmarketing.com and click the green button on the right that says “Get Your Marketing Analysis.”