Is your marketing helping, hurting, or making no difference?
Take our quiz and find out!
Patient Attraction Episode 491
As I have said many times here and in my many speaking engagements, books and other media, I am not a dentist. I am the son of a dentist. I am a computer programmer marketer with a special love of dentistry. When we come back, I’m going to tell you how I transformed my love of websites and marketing into the industry-leading patient attraction system we have today. Stay tuned.
– Hi, Colin Receveur here.
– I am founder and CEO of SmartBox Web Marketing in New Albany, Indiana, just on the other side of the Ohio River from Louisville, Kentucky.
– I have been around dentistry and marketing all of my life.
– My dad, Dr. Ronald Receveur, is a very successful dentist who has trained with Dr. Paulo Malo in Portugal.
– He’s also an outstanding marketer. I talked about him in our last Transformation Tuesday podcast.
– In 1997, I build Dr. Ron’s first website, but the Internet wasn’t as advanced then and there weren’t as many ways to drive people to the site.
– Of course, there wasn’t as much competition and you didn’t NEED to do much to drive people to a site.
– You just put it up and people sort of found it.
– But here is the thing a lot of people don’t know:
– I never intended to work exclusively with dentists – at least not initially.
– After incorporating in 2001, I worked with dozens of local businesses to get them online and help market their business.
– But what continued to stand out was that dentists were not taking advantage of this new opportunity.
– So I got a real break when I partnered in 2006 with Dr. James McAnally to service his Elite clients’ web-marketing needs.
– I got another one in 2010 when I started working with Dr. Michael Abernathy and his clients.
– Now we work only with dentists, even though that wasn’t my original plan.
– And our businesses continues to double every year.
– So here is the transformation part: Dentistry was one of the niches I was working in, and it ended up being the one I dominate.
– The same thing could happen to you.
– Are you marketing yourself as all things to all people?
– How many niches are you working in?
– Are you dominating any of them?
– Look at your patients?
– Is there a niche that you seem to do better in than others?
– If you focused more on that niche, could you dominate it in your market?
– If you’d like me to help you know which niches you could be dominating, you should schedule a Patient Attraction Blueprint Session. They are free to serious dentists who want to see a patient attraction system that can double their practice. For more information, go to smartboxdentalmarketing.com/blueprint.
– Until tomorrow, keep moving forward.