Is your marketing helping, hurting, or making no difference?
Take our quiz and find out!
Having trouble watching this video? Click here.
Patient Attraction Episode 1093
If your website stats show that you’re attracting a lot of visitors, but your phone’s not ringing with prospects wanting appointments, you’ve got a disconnect in your dental marketing. Your marketing was good enough to get them to your site, but something happens once prospects arrive. That’s bad news – once a prospect leaves your website, the odds that they’ll return go down. After the break, I’ll tell you how to keep your prospects engaged until they’re ready to choose you to solve their dental problems.
– Thanks for watching the Patient Attraction Podcast™.
– I’m Colin Receveur.
– Dentists spend a lot of their hard-earned marketing dollars getting prospects to their websites.
– But if those prospects don’t contact the practice for an appointment, those marketing funds are wasted.
– There’s too much competition out there for any dentist to let prospects slip away.
– If your marketing was good enough to get prospective patients to your website, the problem lies with the website itself.
– There are any number of ways that your website can let new patients slip through your fingers.
– The most common is that the website is all about you rather than being about solutions to patients’ problems.
– Too many dentists make their websites all about their training, the services they offer, and their equipment or techniques.
– Your prospects don’t care about that.
– That may be hard to hear, but it’s true – dental prospects care about solutions to their problems.
– They want to eat without discomfort, smile without embarrassment, and not worry about offending with their breath that nothing seems to help.
– The value proposition you’re offering isn’t what they’re looking for, so they leave your website – and they probably won’t be back.
– The solution is both easy and hard: make your site all about how you and your staff can improve your prospects’ lives.
– Of course, you’ll have to let go of some ego in the process, but frankly, I think you should.
– Dentists today are presumed to be competent, meaning that most prospects can’t tell the difference between them.
– It’s not your training or credentials that will get you new patients, it’s providing proof that you’re the best choice to solve their dental problems.
– A patient-focused website with lots of supporting patient testimonials provides that proof, and it gets you a lot more new patients.
– The other major way that dentists’ websites go wrong is that they don’t convert their prospects.
– Conversion means that prospects opt in to receive something of value.
– Generally, subject to your state laws, that something will be a report, a case study, a coupon, or anything else that will lead prospects to give up their email addresses.
– The object of conversion is that prospects agree to receive further communication from you.
– That allows you to follow up with “drip” email content specific to each prospect concerning their dental needs.
– Releasing that content on a carefully determined schedule keeps you in front of your prospects until they’re ready to choose you to be their dentist.
– So, if you want to convert more website visitors to appointed patients, there are 2 disconnects you have to fix.
– The disconnect between what your prospects want and what your website delivers, and the disconnect between their arrival on your site and their eventual buying decision.
– However, correcting those issues is a big ask of any practicing dentist.
– Revising the focus of your entire website is very time-consuming.
– Creating the series of condition-specific emails and sending them out at predetermined intervals is even more labor-intensive.
– But there’s a way you can keep doing what makes you money and get more new patients to make money on.
– Go to www.PatientAttractionBlueprint.com and schedule a Practice Discovery Session call.
– We’ll show you how our Patient Attraction System™ can double or even triple your practice.
– That includes making your website into the patient attraction magnet you need to grow your practice.
– Don’t let marketing disconnects rob you of new patients.
– Until our next podcast, keep moving forward.