Is your marketing helping, hurting, or making no difference?
Take our quiz and find out!
Having trouble watching this video? Click here.
Patient Attraction Episode 1087
There’s a difference between making a comfortable living as a dentist and having an income that will allow you to take time off, do the things you love to do, and enjoy life even before retirement. If your practice seems to be stuck in low gear, and you just can’t figure out how to shift it to second gear, much less third, you’ll definitely want to watch this podcast. I’ll be right back to tell you how to accelerate your practice’s collections.
– I’m Colin Receveur, CEO of SmartBox.
– Thanks for watching the Patient Attraction Podcast™.
– Dentistry is a great profession.
– It consistently ranks in the top 2 professions in the U.S. based on earning potential, working conditions, and other factors.
– But I don’t think it should be a job that consumes the dentist, because there’s more to life than keeping your nose to the grindstone.
– Out of the thousands of dentists I know, there are way too many whose noses are getting shorter all the time.
– Those hard-working doctors just aren’t getting ahead.
– They’re keeping the lights on, the bills paid, the staff employed, and their families taken care of.
– But all they have to look forward to is day after day after day of the same.
– A lot of those dentists haven’t had a real vacation in years.
– They operate solo practices and can’t afford the hit to their income from taking time off.
– They need every patient they can get.
– Basically, their practices are stuck in low gear and they don’t want to lose momentum.
– No matter what they do, those dentists can’t find a way to grow their practices even though many of them operate in lucrative markets.
– And they’re very frustrated and lie awake at night questioning whether they made the right decision.
– There’s another, smaller group of dentists who are doing better.
– Those doctors are seeing reasonably steady growth in their collections.
– They feel secure in their decision to become dentists and are able to take some time off during the year.
– The surprising thing is that a lot of those dentists work in markets that you wouldn’t think of as prime opportunities.
– But even those more successful dentists often find themselves looking for another gear for their practices.
– Finally, there’s a much, much smaller group of doctors who are killing it.
– Collections are up month over month, and their margins are great.
– Those successful dentists can take several vacations a year, and they sleep like babies.
– What makes the difference between these 3 types of dentists isn’t how good they are clinically.
– It’s not the quality of the staff they employ.
– And generally, it’s not the market they’re in.
– The difference is in the quality – the value – of the patients they attract.
– The dentists who are struggling are attracting low case value patients with little or no loyalty to their practices.
– Those dentists are constantly advertising low prices, discounts, and specials just to keep their sales pipelines full.
– But with their small margins, they’re not getting ahead.
– Which of these groups do you fall in?
– If you’re not killing it with your dental practice, you should be.
– If you’re tired of spinning your wheels AND you’re dedicated to growing your practice, here’s what you need to do.
– Go to PatientAttractionBlueprint.com and schedule your Practice Discovery Session call.
– We reserve these call for dentists who want to see a Patient Attraction System™ that can double or even triple their practices.
– You can get more patients, more profits, and more freedom, which is pretty much the definition of a higher gear for your practice.
– Join me for our next podcast.
– Until then, keep moving forward.