Having trouble watching this video? Click here.
Patient Attraction Episode 1134
According to a report by the ADA, spending on dental care rose for the second straight year in 2016. While the numbers aren’t out for 2017, it seems likely that we’re finally seeing an upward trend. Your practice has to be positioned to achieve maximum benefit from this trend, because the lessons of the Great Recession are that dental spending can crash without warning. After the break, I’ll tell you the best way to prosper from dental patients opening their wallets. Stay tuned.
– I’m Colin Receveur.
– Thanks for watching the Patient Attraction Podcast™.
– Dentists’ incomes and retirement plans took a hit during the Great Recession.
– Most practices were able to weather the storm, but growth projections had to be severely revised.
– And dental spending remained flat through 2014, leading more and more dentists to cut their prices just to keep their chairs filled.
– That’s no way to run a dental practice, in my opinion.
– And with spending now rising, there’s no reason dentists should be discounting their work.
– But too many dentists will continue to advertise low price, discounts, and insurance acceptance even though dental spending increased by 3.3 percent in 2016.
– What could your dental practice do with another 3 percent in revenue?
– Quite a bit, I’d imagine.
– So, why aren’t you going after the prospects who are now willing and able to pay more?
– Those better prospects are about 30 percent of any given market.
– They don’t care much about specials, discounts, or insurance.
– They’re far more interested in finding the right dentist for them.
– And the right dentist is someone they like, relate to, trust, and regard as the dental expert for their particular needs.
– Now, you can’t be the low-price, discount dental expert.
– That’s a massive disconnect in your prospects’ minds, and you lose credibility.
– So, you’ll need to retool your marketing to give those better prospects what they’re looking for.
– And since the overwhelming majority of dental prospects begin their search online, you’ll need to change your website, your social media, and your blog.
– You’ll also need to create email streams with content specifically written to address their various dental concerns.
– That’s a lot of very specific writing, and carrying it out is beyond the ability of most dentists.
– Frankly, doing all that doesn’t make you one thin dime.
– You make money seeing patients and solving their dental problems – not by spending a lot of time masterminding your marketing.
– But if you’re going to catch the dental spending “money train” and ride it into the future, your marketing will have to change.
– The single best way to position yourself as the only logical choice to solve your prospects’ dental problems is to contact SmartBox.
– Our industry-leading Patient Attraction System™ helps more than 550 dentists on 3 continents get more and better patients.
– We provide a steady stream of new patients so our dentists can focus on doing the dentistry and making money.
– Dr. Anish Patel of Panama City, Florida, became a SmartBox dentist, and here’s what he said about the results.
– “I think when we started we were somewhere in the double digits, maybe 70 or 80 new patients a month.
– “Last month we had 257.
– “We’ve been with the program 2 or 3 years.
– “It works.
– “The numbers just start to tick up through their Facebook posts, and website, and updates, and things like that.”
– Discover what our Patient Attraction System™ can do for your practice.
– Visit smartboxdentalmarketing.com and reserve your no-cost, no-obligation Practice Discovery Session™.
– In 25 minutes, we’ll show you how you can catch and ride the upswing in dental patient spending – and how you can get more patients, more profits, and more freedom.
– After the session, you’ll receive your free Patient Attraction Roadmap™ as well.
– Don’t let the trend toward greater profits pass you by.
– Be sure to join me for our next podcast.
– Until then, keep moving forward.