Having trouble watching this video? Click here.
Patient Attraction Episode 1095
There’s an old saying – be careful what you wish for. I’m going to alter that a bit to “be careful who you market for.” Too many dentists are getting almost nothing but low case value patients. If your practice model is based on “grind it out” dentistry, where you see a high volume of cases, that’s fine. But you’re missing the best part of dentistry – being an advanced-degree professional with the freedom to handle more of the cases you love to do. I’ll be back after the break to tell you why you should move your dental marketing mark.
– Thanks for watching the Patient Attraction Podcast™.
– I’m Colin Receveur.
– Unless your practice serves a very economically depressed area, you have dental prospects with a range of disposable income and insurance coverage.
– If you want to know what kind of patients your marketing appeals to, look at what you’re getting.
– Does your new patient stream consist of cleanings and exams, drill-and-fills, price shoppers, and one-off patients with no loyalty to your practice?
– That’s a short road to a bad back, a low-value practice, and a retirement that’s not going to be what you want.
– I see this all too often: dentists competing on and advertising low prices, which brings in low-value cases.
– As I mentioned in the beginning of this episode, if you’re content with working really long hours for not much return, that’s fine.
– But if you’re going to grow your practice while working less, you’re going to have to shift the focus of your marketing.
– Some 20 percent or more of your market consists of prospects with the discretionary income to be picky about their dentist.
– Those better patients aren’t influenced much by the lowest price.
– They’re looking for something else in the dentist and the dental practice they choose.
– Not all of those patients will be big cases, but almost all of them will be extremely loyal to the right dental practice.
– And it’s far cheaper to retain a loyal patient than to market to attract a new one.
– But some of those better patients will be big cases – full-mouth restorations, cosmetic dentistry, implants, dentures.
– Just one of those cases should bring in more money than 6 or even 12 of your low-value patients.
– It could be even higher than that.
– And those better patients aren’t going to care a great deal about insurance.
– Oh, they’ll use it if they have it, but how much insurance pays isn’t going to be the deciding factor.
– They want what they want and they’ll pay what it takes, as long as you’re the right dentist for them.
– That’s basically what SmartBox’s industry-leading Patient Attraction System™ does for our dentists.
– We help them get more and better patients.
– The vast majority of SmartBox dentists work less, enjoy themselves more, and can look forward to a very comfortable retirement.
– Just ask Dr. Katie Post of Rochester, Minnesota.
– She told us, “SmartBox has been very instrumental in the growth of our practice going from 250 to 300 to 350 new patients per month …
– “… contributing ideas to us on marketing techniques, helping us evaluate the effectiveness of how much money I’m spending …
– “… and where I should spend that to make it the most effective.”
– Are you tired of trying to drill and fill your way to retirement?
– Do you wonder whether your back and neck will hold out?
– It’s time to change who you market to.
– Go to www.PatientAttractionBlueprint.com and schedule a Practice Discovery Session call.
– We reserve these calls for serious dentists who want a Patient Attraction System™ that can double or even triple your practice.
– You can get more patients, more profits, and more freedom.
– Or you can choose to keep missing the mark with your dental marketing.
– Join me for our next podcast.
– Until then, keep moving forward.