Having trouble watching this video? Click here.
Patient Attraction Episode 757
On Tuesday, April 5, 2016’s podcast, I mentioned that 40 percent of U.S. millennials would rather watch visual content than read a post. Dental marketing is going increasingly visual. I’ll be back after the break to tell how to stay at the forefront of the visual trend.
– I’m Colin Receveur, founder and CEO of SmartBox Web Marketing.
– Welcome to the Patient Attraction Podcast.
– As the Internet has grown, so has the demand for online videos.
– This is one trend that dentists absolutely must ride.
– Your video content should be branded under your name or your practice’s name.
– You can and should have your own channel on YouTube.
– Your videos should also be featured on your website’s home page and on product and service pages.
– I mentioned yesterday that videos get 5,000 percent better organic search rankings compared to plain text pages.
– And video does a great job of promoting your brand and your dental practice.
– Your videos must be engaging, informative, and professional quality.
– You defeat your purpose if even one of those three is missing.
– You can also go visual by using animated GIFs and short videos in your social media.
– Again, animated GIFs have to be consistent with your brand.
– Teenagers can get away with showing funny but “gross” animations.
– Your dentist public persona can’t.
– And the hottest new trend is to replace standard text emails with short videos.
– That encourages the recipient to interact with your brand.
– Your short videos should be no more than 3 to 4 minutes long, or even less.
– Few people in today’s busy world will take the time to watch long-form video.
– Your short videos still have to be high-quality and engaging.
– Follow these tips to go visual with your dental marketing and promote your brand.
– But remember that the ultimate goal of all your marketing is to put more patients in chairs.
– Stay focused on that.
– Join me for tomorrow’s podcast.
– Until then, keep moving forward.