Having trouble watching this video? Click here.
Patient Attraction Episode 818
Business owners tend to fall into one of two categories: proactive or reactive. Having good contingency plans in place is a must for any dentist, but you can also go overboard trying to cover everything. After the break, I’ll tell you how to strike a balance between being proactive and reactive with your dental practice.
– I’m Colin Receveur.
– Welcome to the Patient Attraction Podcast.
– I’m a small business owner, and my company, SmartBox Web Marketing, is experiencing tremendous growth.
– I don’t say that to brag but to point out that I’m suddenly faced with issues I hadn’t even considered two years ago.
– Some of them have been fairly easy to address, and some have required considerable head-scratching.
– With this kind of growth, it can be hard to get ahead of the current and potential management issues.
– I’m trying to be proactive, but sometimes I find myself being reactive, which is the reason for this podcast.
– I think dentists can face a lot of the same challenges that I am in my business.
– And one thing I’ve discovered is that you can go nuts trying to cover every possible contingency.
– What kinds of contingency plans have you made for your dental practice?
– You certainly have clinical contingency plans for medical emergencies.
– And financial contingency plans, including insurance.
– But what contingency plans do you have for your marketing?
– No business’s marketing works exactly the same from month to month.
– And every business experiences slow periods, sometimes for months or more.
– A lot of dentists deal with those slumps reactively by changing their marketing.
– It’s kind of the “throw it against the wall and see what sticks” approach.
– A proactive approach is to put a system in place to attract more and better patients.
– With a marketing system that allows you to track your exact ROI on each marketing investment, you can make changes systematically.
– And then you can track the results of those changes.
– No one can plan for every contingency, and you can make yourself crazy trying to.
– But with a carefully thought-out patient attraction system in place, you can strike the perfect balance between being proactive and reactive.
– Dr. James Kiehl, an implant and reconstructive dentist in southern New Hampshire, trusted SmartBox to implement our Patient Attraction System™ for him.
– Here’s what he has to say.
– “Our Patient Attraction System™ went live mid-December, and we are seeing the results.
– “In December, we had 37 new patients, in January, 29 new patients, and from February 1st through 15th we’ve already had 28 new patients.
– “Since we’ve implemented our SmartBox Patient Attraction System™, we’re definitely getting the quality patients that I want to see come into my practice.”
– For more information on attracting the patients YOU want, go to https://smartboxdentalmarketing.com.
– Join me for our next podcast.
– Until then, keep moving forward.