Is your marketing helping, hurting, or making no difference?
Take our quiz and find out!
Patient Attraction Episode 211
Hey everyone, Colin here on Wednesday, September 10, and today we are going to look at ways you can use influencers in your community to help reach more potential patients. Stay tuned.
– So we’re looking at influencer marketing.
– Most of the time, that means using people with well-respected names in your industry to help you establish your brand.
– This isn’t as overt as getting testimonials or endorsements, though you certainly can.
– What I’m talking about is simply being “affiliated” with each other.
– This can be done in several ways.
– You could write a blog on each other’s site.
– You can share posts from each other on Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, etc.
– You could write ABOUT the other person and publish it on your website or on another third-party site.
– So, for instance, I have a great relationship with the guys at Summit Practice Solutions.
– I write things for them, they write things for me.
– It’s a method of cross-promotion from two parties who respect the work of the other.
– So, how do you identify the influencers in your community.
– First, who are you trying to reach?
– Is it other dentists?
– If not, then cross-promoting with other nationally known dentists probably won’t do you much good unless you are looking for patients from across the nation.
– But you could connect with other dentists in your community.
– Not competitors, of course.
– But if you are a general dentist, look for the endodontists, periodontists, oral surgeons, etc., who have the largest patient lists and social media following.
– This is important because you want the broadest reach possible.
– Not only does this help your reach more prospects, it also helps your search engine optimization.
– But an influencer doesn’t have to be a dentist.
– You could look for other medical professionals.
– You could also look for celebrities in your community.
– Finally, look within your own patient list.
– You are looking for someone who has an online platform with whom you could exchange information.
– Once you’ve identified these influencers, what then?
– Reach out to them.
– Connect on social media.
– Offer to contribute content to them first.
– Introduce yourself over the phone, via email or in person.
– The ultimate goal is to create a mutually beneficial relationship in which you can reach each other’s audience with useful information.
– If you get a good influencer program going, contact me or leave a message on YouTube and I might use you as an example in a future podcast.
– Until tomorrow, keep moving forward.