Is your marketing helping, hurting, or making no difference?
Take our quiz and find out!
Having trouble watching this video? Click here.
Patient Attraction Episode 793
Google’s Penguin update is designed to recognize invalid and spam backlinks to your website. And to penalize you on search results for having them. Penguin has made building valuable backlinks harder, but not impossible. After the break, I’ll share 3 tips for curing your Penguin phobia.
– I’m Colin Receveur, Founder and CEO of SmartBox Web Marketing.
– Welcome to the Patient Attraction Podcast.
– Google’s Penguin update was a response to “black hat” search engine optimization tactics.
– Before Penguin, almost any backlink to your website boosted your search engine results.
– Google didn’t like the game-playing, and Penguin went on the warpath.
– Penguin is fierce about penalizing low-value, low-quality, spammy links.
– So much so that it’s scared off a lot of people.
– But you don’t have to be Penguin-phobic.
– Here are 3 tips to help you build Penguin-proof backlinks.
– Number 1: Show up in local directories.
– Your area may have a directory of dental practices, or even a directory of dental specialties.
– Those directories have high authority, and Google likes that.
– Check your local business associations, and if there are individual profile listings, make sure yours is optimized.
– Number 2: Get mentioned.
– Local online news and feature articles mentioning your business are great.
– Journalists and authors don’t have to backlink to your business site, so be sure to ask.
– Number 3: Use your own local history.
– If you attended a local college, university, or dental school, check with your alumni association.
– Not all alumni associations will backlink to your site in their alumni directories, but some will.
– But almost all will carry local area news that involves you.
– And the .edu URL carries a lot of credibility with Google.
– Dr. Michael Abernathy, Founder of Summit Practice Solutions, knows how important it is to do everything you can to be seen online.
– “Another thing that doctors and dental practices need to recognize is it’s really not enough just to have a dental website, because people won’t search very long for your website.
“It’s important to have it highly ranked so that it comes up on page one, and is as close to rank number one on page number one as you can get.
“That’s certainly something that Colin and SmartBox are able to accomplish for dental practices.”
– If you want to attract more patients in the next 6 months than in the past 6 years, you’re our kind of dentist.
– If you’re serious about doubling or even tripling your share of the patient pie, contact SmartBox or visit smartboxdentalmarketing.com.
– We’ll help you grow your marketing and your practice.
– Join me for tomorrow’s podcast.
– Until tomorrow, keep moving forward.