Is your marketing helping, hurting, or making no difference?
Take our quiz and find out!
Having trouble watching this video? Click here.
Patient Attraction Episode 800
Holding public lectures or talks on various dental issues can get you a lot of useful coverage in local newspapers, which can help your search engine optimization and search ranking. Even more importantly, public talks can get you more dental patients. After the break, I’ll tell you how to create your own in-person educational-marketing opportunities.
– Thanks for joining me for this 800th episode of the Patient Attraction Podcast.
– I’m Colin Receveur, Founder and CEO of SmartBox Web Marketing.
– One of the rules for today’s crowded dental marketplace is that dentists have to stand out from their competition.
– Public talks about dental issues and advances are a great way to stand out.
– Once you have a number of different topics prepared, you’re ready to create your own dental lecture circuit.
– Civic groups like Rotary, Kiwanis, and Elks are good places to start.
– If you do pediatrics, talk with various schools in your area.
– The key to being a successful speaker is to talk at your audience’s level.
– Forget the dental jargon and keep your words simple and your sentences short.
– Focus on the problem and show how the technique or new equipment benefits dental patients.
– Once you’ve done your first successful talk, be sure to publicly thank the organizers.
– You can also post on your website that you’re available for other presentations.
– Another option is to find or rent space and host the talk yourself.
– It may take awhile to get press coverage, but you should get testimonials and thank-yous on your website and social media pages.
– If there is press coverage, it’s okay to ask the reporter to include a link in the article back to your website.
– That will help boost your search engine page results.
– You can also expand beyond your immediate market into neighboring markets.
– People in those other markets know people in yours.
– Setting up your own lecture circuit gets you known, gets you press, and gets you patients.
– There’s an up-front commitment of time and effort, but the results are worth it.
– Join me for tomorrow’s podcast.
– Until then, keep moving forward.