Is your marketing helping, hurting, or making no difference?
Take our quiz and find out!
Patient Attraction Episode 476
Recently, a Virginia Beach dentist reached out to me with a heartfelt email about the state of his practice. I think he speaks for a lot of dentists, and we’ll look at his email when we return.
– Hi, Colin here and welcome to another week of the Patient Attraction Podcast.
– I love getting feedback from dentists.
– Today, I want to talk about an email I got from a dentist in Virginia.
– I’m not going to give his name, as some of the contents are a little personal.
– But the message of the email will certainly resonate with many of you.
– In it, the dentist thanks me for reaching out to him with my emails.
– Then he says, “And just so you know that you’re not wasting your time with me, I KNOW I need your services! And I truly hope we can work together to take my practice to places I only dream of!”
– He continues, “My practice is heavily insurance-driven (no HMOs!) with all the ridiculous write-offs that go with it, in a city of over 600 practicing dentists (just a little bit of competition), trying to work my hind parts off just to cover payroll every two weeks, along with all the other expenses.”
– Let’s stop for just a minute.
– Does this sound like you, working too hard, spending too much, and getting too little in return?
– Faced with daunting competition.
– Worried about your financial security.
– Let’s continue:
– “My website is a somewhat personalized cookie-cutter site that seems to be invisible (imagine that!), but that was what I could afford at the time. I thought that was better than nothing,” he writes.
– I bet a few of you can relate to that as well.
– And it is better than nothing – but only barely.
– He goes on: “I couldn’t have been any more excited to get your book! I got out my highlighter and my post-it flags and started my ‘homework.’ Well, I got thru about a third of the book, bogged down realizing as each page was read, that I was way over my head and to do it right I need an expert! And that would be you! No doubt in my mind!”
– Let’s stop again.
– This is not uncommon.
– I wrote the book for those dentists who want to market for themselves.
– If you are that dentist, you are not the right client for us.
– The dentist who emailed me is EXACTLY the right client for us:
– Willing to invest the time to learn about marketing.
– Realizes his time and expertise are best spent focused on dentistry.
– He concludes, “Only out of respect for you have I not done the Blueprint session—I need to, and insist of myself, that you get 100% of my attention! … I just simply haven’t MADE the time to do my due diligence! And shame on me! And, of course, that dark cloud of ‘finances’ also weighs heavily on me—neither of us work for free!”
– To the writer of this email and all of you who could have written the EXACT SAME THINGS, I say:
– Contact me.
– Let me see what I can do for you and how we can find a package that works for you.
– Sure, it requires an investment on your part.
– But it is an investment that pays off many times over.
– If you’re ready to discover what my clients know that you don’t about attracting patients online, you should schedule a Patient Attraction Blueprint Session. They are free to serious dentists who want to see a patient attraction system that can double their practice. For more information, go to smartboxdentalmarketing.com/blueprint.
– You also can email me at [email protected].
– Come back tomorrow for another Transformational Tuesday story.
– Until then, keep moving forward.