Is your marketing helping, hurting, or making no difference?
Take our quiz and find out!
Having trouble watching this video? Click here.
Patient Attraction Episode 762
One Google ranking factor that is steadily increasing in importance is having great content on your website, blog, YouTube channel, and just about everywhere else. After the break, I’ll tell you what Google means by great content when it comes to dentists.
– Welcome to the podcast.
– I’m Colin Receveur, founder and CEO of SmartBox Web Marketing.
– Google’s changes over the last year have focused on making search results more responsive and more helpful.
– That means creating content that satisfies some specific Google requirements.
– Here are Google’s 5 rules for great content.
– Number 1: Your content has to be useful and informative.
– Let’s say someone searched for your practice by name.
– Your website’s home page should have your address, phone, and hours easily visible.
– And one or more articles that will be useful to people looking for a dentist.
– In other words, informative.
– It’s not about making a splash, although that’s okay.
– It’s about being helpful to searchers.
– Number 2: Your content has to be valuable and useful.
– In fact, it has to be more valuable and useful than other sites.
– It must have a different take on the same subject or a deeper dive that is still written with patients in mind.
– Number 3: Your content has to be credible.
– Google doesn’t give you points for having DDS or DMD after your name.
– Original research, citations, patient testimonials, and links to other authoritative sites make you credible.
– Number 4: Produce high-quality content that’s yours.
– You need articles that are unique to you, well-written, and reader-focused.
– Number 5: Make your content engaging.
– Add visuals for more interest.
– Write clean, error-free copy.
– Make sure all links are valid and working.
– And establish a means of opening a dialogue to further engage your readers.
– Speaking of interest, if you want to learn the secret of how Dr. Darold Opp replaced 24 years of savings in less than 5 years doing only the procedures he wants to do, get a free download of our case study at irswipeout.com.
– Join me for tomorrow’s podcast.
– Until then, keep moving forward.