Is your marketing helping, hurting, or making no difference?
Take our quiz and find out!
Having trouble watching this video? Click here.
Patient Attraction Episode 826
Consumer confidence in the economy has a direct impact on willingness to seek dental care. Fortunately, consumer confidence in the ability to find another good job if needed has rebounded after hitting a low in 2010. I’ll be back after the break to tell you why this means that dentists should market now more than ever.
– Welcome to the Podcast.
– I’m Colin Receveur.
– You already know that consumer spending on dental care was flat following the Great Recession.
– Unemployment was high and futures were uncertain.
– People held out the money they would have spent on dental care for more pressing needs.
– Gallup has found that consumers’ confidence in finding as good a job as the one they have is back to pre-recession levels.
– That’s good news, and hopefully you’re seeing the results of that shift in your new patient totals.
– But an increase in new patients doesn’t mean you can ease back on your marketing.
– The BEST time to market is when people are willing to spend money on things besides basic necessities.
– You might be getting 10-15 new patients a month through organic search results.
– If you step up your marketing in the right way, you might get 50-75 new patients a month.
– That may sound crazy, but it isn’t.
– Notice that I said marketing, not advertising.
– Thanks to increased competition and corporate dentistry, advertising on price is likely to get you price-shoppers and one-and-dones.
– Those patients view dentists as interchangeable commodities.
– You’ll work yourself to death trying to build your practice with those patients.
– Consumers are confident and have money to spend.
– Go after the new patients who are willing to pay more for a dentist they trust.
– You won’t get those through advertising.
– But you will get those big, new cases through a patient attraction system.
– When you position yourself as the only logical choice for new patients, you take yourself out of the commodity category.
– When you build trust with new patient prospects, they have a reason to choose you.
– That’s how you attract them and that’s how you prosper.
– Patient attraction begins with your website.
– If you’d like me to evaluate your website and tell you how it can be improved, go to smartboxdentalmarketing.com, go to the Resources tab, click Products, and then click on The Swift Kick Dental Website Review. You can order a customized 30-minute video critique of your site, social media presence, online patient reviews, dental videos, and more using our 131-point dental web marketing checklist.
– You can confidently attract these newly confident, new dental patients.
– Until next time, keep moving forward.