Is your marketing helping, hurting, or making no difference?
Take our quiz and find out!
Patient Attraction Episode 402
If I were to ask you, “Who do you want for a dental patient?” would you say, “Anyone I can get”? Or, “How many patients do you want?” Would you answer, “All that I can get”? So would most dentists. But that can lead to one of our common dental mistakes. I’ll tell you more when we return.
– Colin here on Thursday, April 23, continuing our series on common dental marketing mistakes.
– Today, I want to talk about attracting the right type of patients.
– More specifically, I want to talk about dentists who market too broadly – and too narrowly.
– First, let’s talk about those who market to broadly.
– One way dentists do this is by trying to attract everyone.
– The problem is, you can’t be all things to all people.
– You can’t market effectively to people with insurance and those who pay fee for service.
– You can’t market yourself effectively as a big-case dental expert as well as a dentists for drilling and filling.
– Notice I am saying “effectively.”
– Of course you can market yourself in any way you want.
– But to position yourself as one thing, you can’t be the opposite.
– Instead, you are smarter to market yourself to the patients you want.
– If you want big dental cases where patients don’t ask about price, then don’t market your specials.
– If you don’t want to be reliant on insurance, don’t market that you accept all types of insurance.
– What about marketing to the dental patients you already have?
– It is far less expensive to market to patients you already have than to attract new patients.
– What do you market to existing dental patients?
– Cosmetic dentistry, for one.
– Whitening, teeth straightening, crowns, veneers.
– All are good options.
– Dental implants are another option for marketing to existing patients.
– So are sleep apnea and TMJ treatment.
– The best way to market to existing dental patients?
– Keep them happy.
– Do an excellent job.
– Stay in touch with them.
– If you will focus on attracting the right patients, including people who are already patients, you will improve your collections.
– Come back tomorrow when we will talk about dentists who look at the wrong numbers.
– Until then, keep moving forward.