Patient Attraction Episode 400
Welcome to the 400th episode of the Patient Attraction Podcast. Today, we are going to look at the second mistake dentists commonly make. I’m going to assume you watched yesterday’s podcast and know what it is. I’ll tell you more when we return.
– Yesterday we talked about dentist who fail to track their marketing.
– Today, I want to talk about dentists who make assumptions.
– And you know what they say about assumptions.
– This is one of the most common mistakes among dentists.
– Dentists who have had success think they know what works and what doesn’t.
– Sometimes that is true.
– Some dentists have a very good handle on what works in their market.
– Then again, some dentists THINK they have a good handle on their market and don’t.
– So they dump their money into PPC campaigns.
– Or they buy a big newspaper ad.
– Or they do a big radio buy.
– All with no research.
– A second kind of assumption is when a practice is getting new patients and assumes where they are coming from.
– No call tracking.
– Not tracking which web pages get the most hits.
– Not tracking which marketing channels are working and which ones aren’t.
– There is one other kind of assumption, too.
– That is, “I don’t need to market.
– “I’ve been successful so far without any.
– “My location brings me enough patients.”
– Or “My reputation is all the marketing I need.”
– You’re welcome to think that.
– Meanwhile, your competitors ARE doing their research.
– They ARE marketing.
– And they are attracting more new patients.
– Come back tomorrow and we will look at chasing patients versus attracting patients.
– Until then, keep moving forward.