Is your marketing helping, hurting, or making no difference?
Take our quiz and find out!
Patient Attraction Episode 399
Welcome to the last full week of April. This week, I want to spend each day talking about common dental marketing mistakes. Stay tuned.
– Hi, Colin Receveur, and today I want to talk about a very common marketing mistake I see dentists make.
– Understand, this doesn’t make dentists unsuccessful necessarily.
– In fact, a dentist could be VERY successful and make some of these mistakes.
– Dentists who make these mistakes simply aren’t as successful as they could be.
– Today, I want to talk about dentists who don’t track their marketing.
– Tracking is one of the four pillars we talk about for successful web marketing.
– Unless you are only doing one thing to market your practice, how can you know what is working?
– If you are putting the same phone number on every piece of marketing you do…
– direct mail
– phone book
– PPC campaigns
– and everything else…
– how do you know what is working and what isn’t?
– Please don’t say, “My new patients tell me.”
– People have notoriously bad memories when it comes to where they got your number.
– And if you are not able to differentiate what is working and what isn’t, you’re going to keep pumping money into everything.
– Instead, you should have different phone numbers for your different types of marketing.
– Or, if you only have one phone number, have prospects ask for different names on each of you marketing materials.
– No matter what, you MUST be able to track where your new patients are coming from to maximize your return on investment instead of assuming where they come from.
– Come back tomorrow, and we’ll look more at assumptions.
– Until then, keep moving forward.