Is your marketing helping, hurting, or making no difference?
Take our quiz and find out!
Patient Attraction Episode 221
Hey everyone, Colin Receveur here and today I want to lay out what I call the “marketing pyramid” to help you attract the patients YOU want. Stay tuned.
– So I want to do a short three-day series about inbound marketing.
– First, what is inbound marketing.
– Inbound marketing is how you earn the attention of customers, make your practice easy to find and draw patients to your website.
– That is in contrast to, say, having a room full of people cold calling people in your community.
– So why inbound marketing?
– Because research shows that inbound leads cost 61 percent less than outbound leads.
– That means increased return on investment.
– SEO is one type of inbound lead.
– Historically, SEO leads have a 14.6 percent close rate across all business, whereas outbound leads like direct mail or print advertising have a 1.7 percent close rate.
– Close rate is really what matters.
– So let’s look at what I call your marketing pyramid.
– At the broad base is all of your outbound marketing.
– TV, radio and print ads, billboards, etc.
– This is where you are putting your name out there for everyone to see and hoping that some small percentage of all those people schedule and appointment.
– At the next tier is your web marketing.
– That’s where a company like SmartBox comes in.
– This is where you are maximizing search engine optimization, making sure your website has interesting content and writing blogs.
– Blogs and great content are key to Google search engine result rankings.
– This is also where you capture email addresses, physical street addresses and phone numbers.
– You do this through ebooks and gated content.
– Ebooks are great for building a mailing list.
– Offer a free report and build your tribe.
– From their you go to the next tier, where you really are tailoring messages to specific types of people based on which ebooks and gated content they chose.
– This can be done through email marketing (SmartBox is an Infusionsoft house).
– It can also be done through targeted direct mail or text messaging.
– Follow up is key, especially as case size increases.
– At the top of the pyramid are things like podcasts and webinars.
– These are very targeted to a specific segment of your potential patients.
– As for social media, don’t waste your time.
– I talked about this exactly one week ago today and I’ll talk about this more in a series next week.
– Come back tomorrow and I’ll tell you some of most influential people I follow on inbound marketing.
– Until then, keep moving forward.