Is your marketing helping, hurting, or making no difference?
Take our quiz and find out!
Having trouble watching this video? Click here.
Patient Attraction Episode 795
If it’s been a while since you went through dental school, you were probably taught to deal with the mouth as an isolated system. The exception would have been infections. Now, we’re learning that the mouth can impact the body’s functioning in ways that we would never have imagined. After the break, I’ll tell you how to ride this new wave of research to help attract more and better patients.
– I’m Colin Receveur, and welcome to the Patient Attraction Podcast.
– One of the problems facing most dentists today is that patients view them as interchangeable technicians.
– Prospective patients don’t have reasons other than price or availability to choose a particular dentist.
– To attract the patients you want, you have to stand out from the competition.
– Prospective patients have to view you as someone who offers what others don’t.
– One way to accomplish that is to become the “whole mouth” dentist.
– Research is showing strong connections between the bacterial microbiome of the mouth and a host of non-oral physical problems.
– This includes heart disease, type 2 diabetes, and a number of inflammatory conditions.
– It’s time to redefine yourself as someone who deals with more than teeth.
– And let your market know about it.
– If you haven’t kept up on the research in this area, you’ll need to dig into it.
– Then, translate your understanding into language that your patients can understand and relate to.
– This can be an entirely new direction for your content marketing.
– And it can give prospective patients a reason to choose you.
– Billing yourself as a “holistic dentist” or similar is subject to any advertising and marketing restrictions in your state.
– So be sure to check those closely and get legal advice if needed.
– You likely won’t directly treat any non-oral conditions, but you can convince your patients of the need for better oral hygiene.
– And you can refer them to a physician who can address the non-oral related problem.
– So, consider becoming the “whole mouth” dentist to give more prospective patients a reason to choose you.
– Dr. J. Wesley Anderson, Jr. in Virginia Beach, Virginia appreciates SmartBox’s “wholistic” approach to attracting more dental patients.
– “There are many companies out there, but they’re not dental specialists, if you will, in the marketing, whereas that’s what SmartBox is.
– “It’s the big picture. It’s the marketing. It’s putting all the different aspects together and making it a complete package for promoting my practice.”
– Make “whole mouth marketing” part of your practice promotion.
– Join me for tomorrow’s podcast.
– Until then, keep moving forward.