Is your marketing helping, hurting, or making no difference?
Take our quiz and find out!
Having trouble watching this video? Click here.
Patient Attraction Episode 1161
Let’s face it – dentistry takes a toll on your back and your neck. Hunching over the chair for many hours a day, 4 or 5 days a week, can make you feel old before your time. But did you ever wonder if there’s a better way to make a living as a dentist? Before you go on sacrificing your health for the sake of your practice, stay tuned. I’ll be back after the break to tell you how you can work just 3 days a week and thrive.
– Thanks for watching the Patient Attraction Podcast™.
– I’m Colin Receveur, CEO of SmartBox.
– I know thousands of dentists, and far too many of them are in pain.
– Their back s hurt, their necks bother them, and those aches and pains don’t stop at the doors of their practices.
– Chronic pain affects your entire life and the quality of your life.
– And it can lead to you leaving the profession before you’re ready.
– Frankly, dentistry is too good a profession to hurt this much.
– But until and unless there’s some major breakthrough in dental ergonomics, you have to take care of you.
– And self-care as a dentist begins with not spending so many hours in positions that hurt you.
– Sounds like a pipe dream, right?
– I don’t have a better dental chair to offer you.
– What I do have is the proven path to working less while earning more.
– So, you’re probably wondering how much less and how much more?
– How does working 3 days a week while increasing your earnings by 350 percent sound?
– To be fair, the case I just mentioned involved the doctor getting specialized training and an associate to handle the general dentistry side.
– But that doctor spends all his time handling only cases he loves to do.
– And he wakes up in the morning eager to get into the practice … and he’s in his 60s.
– SmartBox works with hundreds of dentists on 3 continents to help them get better patients.
– Better patients are people with the ability and willingness to pay more for the right dentist.
– The lifetime value of better patients is orders of magnitude greater than patients you’re probably getting now.
– Higher value means you can see fewer patients and still make as much as – or more than – you’re making now.
– So, you have a couple of options if you want to quit working so long and so hard.
– You can get specialty training – in implants or cosmetic dentistry, for instance – and hire an associate to do general dentistry.
– Or you can attract better patients with higher case value and work fewer hours each week.
– If you think that can’t happen, here’s the experience of Dr. Ron Receveur of New Albany, Indiana.
– He said, “Actually, the number of visits to my website is down during the time that I’m collecting a lot more money.
– “So we’ve extrapolated that information from more visits, less money to less visits, higher-quality patient, more collections. It’s working.”
– Full disclosure: Ron is my dad, and I’m proud to say that SmartBox has played a role in his amazing success.
– How about a dentist who isn’t related to me?
– Here’s Dr. Travis Watson of Marietta, Georgia.
– He said, “A consistent goal that we have is to continue to have the new patients come in that are high-quality …
– “… who are interested in comprehensive dentistry, and really just want something better for themselves and aren’t just what we call single-tooth type situations.
– “They’re more of the fine cases that we enjoy doing, so that’s always going to be a goal for us as we move forward with a company like SmartBox to help us with that.”
– You should note that Dr. Watson is talking about getting more high-quality patients like the ones he’s getting already.
– You can enjoy the kind of success that Dr. Receveur and Dr. Watson are experiencing.
– It starts with a visit to smartboxdentalmarketing.com to reserve your free, no-obligation Practice Discovery Session™.
– We’ll discuss your goals, your capabilities, and your particular market.
– After the session, you’ll receive your free Patient Attraction Roadmap™ as well.
– Working just 3 days a week isn’t just a pipe dream.
– It can be your reality when you work with SmartBox.
– Your back, your neck, and the rest of your life will thank you.
– Join me for our next podcast.
– Until then, keep moving forward.