Is your marketing helping, hurting, or making no difference?
Take our quiz and find out!
Having trouble watching this video? Click here.
Patient Attraction Episode 686
This podcast is Day 3 of a 4-day series to help dentists boost their rankings on local search results. If you haven’t viewed Days 1 and 2, you might want to see those before viewing this podcast. Each day is standalone, though, so enjoy!
– Welcome to Day 3 of our 4-part series about steps you can take to boost your rankings on local search.
– If you’re not implementing these SEO, or Search Engine Optimization, tactics, you’re missing out on many new patients.
– If they can’t find you on local search because your ranking is too low, they’ll choose another dentist!
– Colin here, and welcome to the Patient Attraction Podcast.
– Today, we’ll cover 3 critical steps for ensuring that your website ranks as high as possible in search: Set Your URL Structure, Google My Business, and MOZ Local.
– Setting Your URL Structure is basically figuring out which page URLs – web addresses – get which keywords.
– Any dental practice should have many keywords, because of the complexity and breadth of the services you offer.
– Your primary keyword belongs on your home page URL – for instance, anywhere dental dot com.
– For other pages, you add a slash and the keywords – anywhere dental dot com slash restorations.
– Do the same with all pages of your website.
– Google My Business allows you to create a profile for your practice, and that’s a big part of the SEO game.
– You can also get reviews from patients and post updates on Google My Business; we covered the SEO importance of those in earlier podcasts.
– Make sure your profile is 100 percent complete and that you include all the categories that apply to your business.
– Your practice’s email address must be on your profile, and uploading as many GOOD professional photos as you can will make your profile more interesting and attractive.
– Just as with your website, your NAP – Name, Address, Phone Number – and citations should be on your profile.
– Finally, be sure to have Google verify your page.
– Speaking of citations, Google takes into account the quality and quantity of your citations; those account for 15 percent of the weighting on local search,
– MOZ Local allows you to scan your fifteen most important citations; you’ll learn which ones are incomplete, duplicates, or inconsistent.
– This quick and easy step with MOZ Local can help you place high in search rankings, so don’t overlook it.
– SEO is an ongoing process; as I mentioned in the first podcast, the rules keep changing. If you don’t have someone managing your website as a primary responsibility, you’ll be left behind on search.
– SmartBox Web Marketing can handle your website and blog SEO. And, we can and will integrate your website perfectly into your other marketing communications for maximum new patient contacts.
– Tomorrow’s podcast will finish our review of steps you can take to boost your practice’s SEO ranking.
– Until then, keep moving forward.