Is your marketing helping, hurting, or making no difference?
Take our quiz and find out!
Having trouble watching this video? Click here.
Patient Attraction Episode 687
This podcast concludes our 4-day series to help dentists boost their rankings on local search results. Without Search Engine Optimization for your website, you’re missing tons of new prospective patients. If you haven’t viewed the first three podcasts in this series, you might want to do so before viewing this one. I’ll be right back after the break.
– Did you know that Google recently reduced the number of “top search results’ from seven listings to three?
– If you’re not implementing these SEO, or Search Engine Optimization, tactics, the new, well-paying patients that want and need your services will likely find another dentist.
– Because they won’t be finding you when they search.
– Colin here, and welcome to the Patient Attraction Podcast.
– Today, we’ll cover the last three considerations in getting your website or blog to rank as high as possible in local search – Google Webmaster Tools, Google Analytics, and Blog SEO Strategy.
– Google Webmaster Tools allows you to direct Google to target people in the U.S. only, and has a number of other cool features and advantages.
– Once you sign up, you’ll be given a verification code; paste that into your website.
– After you log in, you’ll see an option for internal targeting.
– You’ll also get a list of things to do, such as submitting your site map to Google. Make sure you complete that list.
– Google Analytics: If you haven’t signed up, you really should. The base version is free, and you can gain tremendous insight into how to make your marketing more effective.
– Once you’ve signed up and verified the tracking code, log in to your account. There’s a local SEO dashboard; once you download it, it’ll import into your account.
– You’ll find it under Dashboards on the left.
– The local SEO dashboard will provide data to help you measure SEO and to get insight into the people who visit your website.
– Finally, let’s look at Blog SEO Strategy. If you don’t yet have a blog, consider starting one. They’re a great way to communicate more informally with your patients and prospective patients.
– And, your blog will give you an additional citation and links to and from your website, which will help on search.
– One of the key factors in optimizing your blog for SEO is keyword selection and placement.
– The keywords you choose to include in your blog posts should be less openly promotional than the ones in your website content.
– The goal, though, is the same–attracting new, appropriate patients to your practice. You’re doing that by featuring interesting, informative content.
– That wraps up our look at boosting your local search placement through SEO tactics. Implement those, and you should enjoy great local search placement.
– And, attract more of the patients you want and need to grow your practice and your profitability.
– Join us for tomorrow’s Flashback Friday podcast on “The Surprising Truth About the Price Dental Patients Are Willing to Pay.”
– Until then, keep moving forward.