Is your marketing helping, hurting, or making no difference?
Take our quiz and find out!
Having trouble watching this video? Click here.
Patient Attraction Episode 1021
I consider myself to be a tolerant person, but one thing that really bothers me is when dental marketing firms sell hype rather than documented results. It’s bad for dentists, and it does a disservice to this industry. I’ll be back after the break to tell you what you need to know to evaluate any marketing firm that is making overblown claims about their services. Stay tuned.
– I’m Colin Receveur, founder and CEO of SmartBox Web Marketing.
– Welcome to the Patient Attraction Podcast™.
– In February of this year, an email was circulated by a so-called big-case dental marketing firm.
– I’m not going to name names, but maybe you received it.
– That email was a classic example of overblown marketing hype with no substance to back it up.
– Here are some red flags to watch for in any dental marketing communication.
– Grandiose claims are a dead giveaway.
– Dental marketing firms vary in the results they achieve for their dentists.
– This industry is just like any other in that some companies are better than others.
– But if one dental marketing firm had the answer that could ensure every dentist got all the patients he or she needed, the rest of us would be out of business.
– That hasn’t happened, and it won’t.
– Our Patient Attraction System™ is an excellent solution for attracting more and better dental patients.
– I’m the first to admit that it’s not right for every dentist, and in fact, we’re pretty selective about who we work with.
– When a firm claims to know better than anyone else how to market a particular procedure, watch out.
– That kind of claim demands proof, and they almost certainly don’t have it.
– When they say they’ve done more of a certain thing than anyone else, watch out.
– There’s no real way to verify that claim, which is why it’s so easy to make.
– When they hype results without offering any kind of proof, beware.
– When they claim that other marketing firms don’t know what they’re doing, run for the hills.
– Business can be tough, but marketing firms don’t succeed by bad-mouthing the competition.
– If a company trash-talks its competitors to you, consider that company to be desperate and not a good bet as a marketing partner.
– And when that company doesn’t offer any guarantee of performance, think twice.
– SmartBox doesn’t offer a “one-size-fits-all” approach, and we don’t claim to be world leaders in promoting a single procedure.
– We do claim to have an industry-leading Patient Attraction System™ that works.
– We have solid data to back up that claim, which we’ll be happy to share with you.
– So, don’t fall for the hype – demand proof if something seems too good to be true.
– Join me for our next podcast.
– Until then, keep moving forward.