Having trouble watching this video? Click here.
Patient Attraction Episode 1211
– Thanks for watching the Patient Attraction Podcast™.
– I’m Colin Receveur, founder and CEO of SmartBox.
– In my previous podcast, I discussed why dentists are much better off hanging up their marketer’s hat and focusing on seeing patients.
– But I know that many dentists will keep right on wearing too many hats, handling too many aspects of their businesses, and working too hard.
– So for those who insist on doing their own practice marketing, I’d like to share a proven approach that will help you earn more while working less.
– The key is something called market segmentation.
– The basic idea is that your dental prospects aren’t all the same and won’t respond to a single marketing approach.
– Clearly, this applies to individual dental concerns, because few 20-somethings will care much about dentures or implants.
– Quite a few 60-somethings will care about prosthodontic work.
– But that’s not where the idea of segmentation stops.
– Dentists tend to segment their markets by ability to pay – without realizing it.
– Are you trying to get new patients by focusing on low price, insurance acceptance, and specials?
– Then you’ve targeted about 70 percent of your market, which sounds great.
– It sounds great until you realize you’re going to get price-shoppers, one-and-dones, and patients who want only the work that insurance will cover.
– Oh, your aching back, and neck.
– When your margins are thin, you’ll have to work a lot to make any money.
– But if you and your staff have the stamina, you can make a go of it.
– What would happen, though, if you focused your marketing on the other 30 percent of prospects?
– Those are prospects with the ability and willingness to pay more for the right dentist.
– Because of that ability and willingness, they’re not going to respond to low-price or insurance-driven marketing.
– They’re looking for something else in their dentist and hygienist.
– No matter their particular dental concerns, they’re looking for a dentist they like, relate to, and trust.
– If you think about it, it’s no different than someone staying with the same hairstylist or barber for many years, even if they have to pay more.
– It’s not because the haircuts are better but because they like that stylist or barber, and they enjoy the experience of visiting the shop.
– The lifetime value of those customers is huge.
– It’s pretty much the same with 30 percent of your prospects.
– They’re looking for comfort, relationship, and acceptable outcomes.
– Your marketing has to convey that they’ll find what they’re looking for with your practice.
– You can use the segmentation approach to appeal to specific types of dental patients who represent higher case values.
– In my March 13th podcast, I mentioned the success that Dr. Thomas J. Feder of Belleville, Illinois, is enjoying since he’s been working with SmartBox.
– Here’s something else he told us.
– He said, “Our average case value has increased.
– “People are coming in looking for dentures and implants.
– “The practice is now overwhelming our dental lab.”
– SmartBox’s industry-leading Patient Attraction System™ provides Dr. Feder with a steady stream of more and better patients.
– He gets to focus on doing the dentistry while working less and making more.
– What we’ve done for Dr. Feder’s practice, we can likely do for your practice.
– Are you interested in working less, earning more, and enjoying what you do?
– Then visit smartboxdentalmarketing.com and click on the “Get Started” button to reserve your free, no-obligation Practice Discovery Session™.
– Invest 25 minutes of your time to discover how you can get more patients, more profits, and more freedom.
– You can join the 550 dentists on 3 continents who enjoy the benefits of working with SmartBox – the ones who are working less and earning more.
– Join me for our next podcast.
– Until then, keep moving forward.