Is your marketing helping, hurting, or making no difference?
Take our quiz and find out!
Patient Attraction Episode 250
Welcome to day 2 of our look at iconic American sports moments and how they can help you attract more and better patients. Today we are going to look at how Michael Jordan’s willingness to take game-winning shots can pay off for you. Stay tuned.
– Colin Receveur here on this Tuesday, Nov. 4.
– Michael Jordan is inarguably the greatest basketball player I have ever seen, and many would argue the greatest of all time.
– But this isn’t a sports podcast, so we’re not going to get into that debate.
– What I do want to talk about today is how clutch MJ was at the end of games.
– I want to talk about two examples.
– The first is Jordan’s clutch shot over Bryon Russell in game 6 of the 1998 NBA finals.
– This game earned the highest TV ratings of an NBA game of all time.
– So the brightest star shined the brightest on the brightest stage.
– You can see on YouTube at https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vyL0FxS-F6E.
– Then there is what is known simply as “The Shot.”
– You can’t watch an NBA game today without seeing it in a montage.
– The image of Cleveland Cavalier Craig Ehlo crumpling to the floor after the balls go through the net is one of the most iconic in all of basketball defeat.
– And it wasn’t even a championship game.
– This was Game 5 of the 1989 Eastern Conference first round in Cleveland.
– The Cavaliers were the third seed and had swept the season series against the Bulls.
– The Cavaliers also were tied for the second-best record in the NBA.
– So for the Bulls to win was a major upset.
– In retrospect, the game is so important because it was the first playoff game-winning shot Michael Jordan hit.
– It symbolized the beginning of a dynasty of Michael Jordan’s Bulls.
– You can find “The Shot” on YouTube at https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9AOE9Gpv6Ho.
– I love this Jordan quote:
– “I’ve missed more than 9,000 shots in my career. I’ve lost almost 300 games. Twenty-six times, I’ve been trusted to take the game-winning shot and missed. I’ve failed over and over and over again in my life. And that is why I succeed.”
– So if your practice is struggling right now, what are you going to do about it?
– Are you going to watch other practices pass you by?
– Are you going to just accept that you’ll never reach your financial goals?
– If so, you’re not the kind of client I am looking for.
– Or are you willing to take the big shot?
– Are you willing to take responsibility and take a risk?
– Will you dare to be great?
– If so, you’re ready to discover what my clients know that you don’t about attracting patients online, you should schedule a Patient Attraction Blueprint Session. They are free to serious dentists who want to see a patient attraction system that can double their practice. For more information, go to smartboxdentalmarketing.com/blueprint.
– Until then, keep moving forward.