Having trouble watching this video? Click here.
Patient Attraction Episode 722
SEO for dentists isn’t all about keywords, code, and clicks. Today’s hot metric is audience engagement. After the break, I’ll tell you why Google really likes engagement, and why and how you must engage your online audience. Stay tuned.
– Welcome back to the podcast.
– I’m Colin Receveur, CEO and founder of SmartBox Web Marketing.
– You’ve probably heard me say that content is king when it comes to online marketing.
– I did a rundown on Google’s Search Engine Quality Rating guidelines in my March 2 podcast.
– Your content must meet those guidelines for optimal search page placement.
– Just as important, though, is how well your content engages your audience.
– How is engagement measured?
– The first metric is audience reaction.
– Engaging content brings about a reaction from the reader.
– That might be leaving a comment or sharing your article or post on social media.
– Second is time.
– How long do viewers spend on your homepage when they first arrive?
– If they’re bouncing off the homepage after a few seconds, the content isn’t engaging them.
– The third measurement is whether visitors move from your homepage to other pages or posts on your site, blog, or Facebook page.
– That’s possibly the definition of audience engagement.
– They’ve read or watched something of yours that they like and now they want more.
– And fourth, is there a good number of high-quality backlinks from other relevant websites or blogs?
– Put those together, and Google will consider that you’ve engaged your audience.
– And your search page ranking should get a boost.
– Now, it’s easy to throw something together and post it.
– But not only will non-engaging content not help your SEO, it may even hurt it.
– After all, if no one else thinks your content is important, why should Google?
– Are you ready to fast-track your success? Are you ready for more patients, more profits, and more freedom? If so, go to smartboxdentalmarketing.com/application or just smartboxdentalmarketing.com and click the green button on the side that says “Get your Marketing Analysis.”
– Until then, keep moving forward.