Having trouble watching this video? Click here.
Patient Attraction Episode 841
If you find yourself constantly busy with different aspects of your dental practice after hours, it may be time to take a step back and reassess. Even world-class athletes take rest periods and balance out training with time spent relaxing and enjoying. When we come back, I’ll run down some reasons why you might be always caught up in busy-ness.
– I’m Colin Receveur.
– Welcome to the Patient Attraction Podcast.
– I’m a small business owner, and I know just how consuming that can be.
– That was even more true when I was just getting my business off the ground.
– Now that SmartBox is established and thriving, I’m letting myself back off the need to have my fingers in everything.
– If your practice is doing well, you should be backing off, too.
– If you’re not, you might ask yourself why.
– What I found is that at first, I had a hard time believing that anyone could do all the things I was doing and do them well enough.
– That was clearly a control issue on my part.
– But I hired the best people I could find, and even more important, they were the right people.
– If you find yourself having to balance the books, even though that’s your accountant’s job, or obsess over your marketing, control might be an issue for you.
– You might ask yourself whether you trust the people you’ve hired.
– And if the answer’s yes, then you can begin to back off your involvement in everything.
– For me, that was a process, not an event.
– Once I began to back off, I found that need to be constantly involved was really stressful, but at the time, the excitement of it all masked the stress.
– It took awhile, but I finally realized how tired I was.
– Now, I focus on the areas of my company where I can make the most difference.
– I keep oversight of what’s going on, but I trust my people to do their jobs.
– And they constantly surprise me with the ideas they come up with to make things better.
– Now, everything I’ve said may not apply to you.
– You may just like being involved in busy-ness.
– But if you can get back to doing what makes the most difference – treating patients – your people may surprise you.
– And your practice will thrive.
– Are you ready to fast-track your success? Are you ready for more patients, more profits, and more freedom? If so, go to smartboxdentalmarketing.com/application or just smartboxdentalmarketing.com and click the green button on the right that says “Get Your Marketing Analysis.”
– Tune in to our next podcast.
– Until then, keep moving forward.