Having trouble watching this video? Click here.
Patient Attraction Episode 1068
I’ve talked with a lot of dentists whose practices were in financial trouble. What I found, almost without exception, is that these were good dentists. They had good training, good hands, and good staff. What they didn’t have were good patients, in terms of their case value. These dentists were working way too hard for too long and not getting enough in return. They were lucky if the return on their marketing investment was barely 3 to 1. If that sounds like your practice, take heart. I’ll be back after the break to tell you why you’re not getting enough value for the money, and what you can do about it. Stay tuned.
– I’m Colin Receveur, founder and CEO of SmartBox Web Marketing.
– Thanks for watching the Patient Attraction Podcast™.
– I think dentists should have fun doing what they went to school to learn.
– I also think they should make a really good living while solving patients’ dental problems.
– The dentists that I talked about before the break weren’t having fun, and they weren’t making the kind of living they should have been.
– The common denominator with all those dentists was their marketing.
– They’d “drunk the Kool-Aid” about how to get new patients.
– The traditional wisdom is that dental prospects are only interested in saving money when it comes to their dental needs.
– That’s why so many dentists advertise low prices, specials, discounts, and the like.
– And as a result, they get low-value patients who have absolutely no loyalty to you or to your practice.
– So those dentists are constantly advertising for the same low-value prospects.
– Their daily schedules aren’t what any of them envisioned when they were in dental school.
– Drill-and-fills, one-off crown replacements, routine exams, some root planing, and if they’re lucky, maybe a veneer now and then.
– It’s a lousy return on dental marketing dollars.
– And it sucks the joy out of dentistry.
– But it’s what dentists do, and keep doing, until they can’t do it any more.
– That’s pretty much where those dentists were at.
– They were scraping the bottom of the dental prospect barrel.
– They had cash flow but they weren’t getting ahead, or at least not nearly as fast as they should have been.
– Fortunately for a lot of them, their practices were in pretty decent markets with untapped potential.
– There were a lot of prospects out there who weren’t looking for a deal from their dentist.
– They weren’t motivated by low price or insurance acceptance.
– Those better prospects had the ability and the willingness to pay more for the right dentist.
– And they didn’t define the right dentist as someone who completed a particular post-graduate program.
– Or who had written a bunch of papers they wouldn’t read.
– Or who had the very latest technology.
– The right dentist for these better prospects was a dentist they could relate to and trust.
– And a dentist they saw as an expert.
– Some of those dentists became SmartBox dentists.
– We set about transforming them into the best and only logical choice to solve their prospects’ dental problems.
– That’s not an event; it’s a process that requires a great deal of expertise and effort.
– SmartBox’s industry-leading Patient Attraction System™ transformed their practices and their lives.
– Those dentists got not only more patients – they got better patients, too.
– And their ROIs soared.
– Quite a few of our SmartBox dentists are getting ROIs between 1700 and 4600 percent.
– And what SmartBox did for those dentists, we may be able to do for you.
– Now, don’t get me wrong – we’re not a good fit for every dentist.
– Although we keep dentists abreast of the results of their marketing, we encourage them to get back to doing what makes them money.
– We’re also big on market exclusivity, or near-exclusivity, for our dentists.
– But if you can let go of being hands-on with your marketing, and you’re serious about your success, here’s what you should do.
– Go to www.PatientAttractionBlueprint.com and schedule a Patient Attraction Blueprint™ call.
– Those phone calls are reserved for serious dentists who want to see a Patient Attraction System™ that can double or even triple their practice.
– You can get more and better patients.
– And you’ll never again scrape the bottom of the dental prospect barrel.
– Join me for our next podcast.
– Until then, keep moving forward.