Is your marketing helping, hurting, or making no difference?
Take our quiz and find out!
Patient Attraction Episode 251
Colin Receveur here on this hump day, Nov. 5. Today, we’ll continue our series on iconic sports moments that I hope will inspire you to get off the bench and get back into the game. Stay tuned.
– I’m not much of a baseball fan, but even I have seen countless replays of the point of today’s podcast.
– Back in 1998, the Oakland Athletics of Major League Baseball’s American League were a dominating 104-58 behind the bats of numerous Hall of Fame batters and pitchers.
– They looked like a lock to win the World Series – especially when the LA Dodgers won the National League pennant.
– The Dodgers didn’t have a single player hit .300 that year or drive in 90 runs.
– They had scratched and clawed their way to even get into the playoffs.
– And when the World Series started, the Dodger’s best player, Kirk Gibson, was not only not in the game, he wasn’t even on the bench.
– He was back in the clubhouse getting therapy for bad knees, a sore hamstring and an upset stomach.
– So everyone in the stands and watching on TV was shocked when Gibson limped out to the plate in the 9th inning with the Dodgers down a run with a man on base, to face the most dominant closer of the year, Dennis Eckersley.
– After a nearly 6-minute at-bat, Gibson was facing a full count when he lifted a titanic fly to right to win the game.
– Gibson pumped his fist wildly as he limped around the bases.
– The fist pump, for me, is what makes the moment so iconic and the shot you see on TV so often.
– Gibson wouldn’t make another appearance in the series, but the Dodgers went on to win the World Series.
– You can see the whole at-bat on YouTube at https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0smIeeH55HA.
– What does this have to do with your marketing?
– It just takes one big swing.
– You might be doing lots of little things right.
– You just need that one big thing to put you over the top.
– That one big swing could be web marketing.
– Or it could be the RIGHT web marketing.
– If you’re ready to discover what my clients know that you don’t about attracting patients online, you should schedule a Patient Attraction Blueprint Session. They are free to serious dentists who want to see a patient attraction system that can double their practice. For more information, go to smartboxdentalmarketing.com/blueprint.
– Until then, keep moving forward.