Is your marketing helping, hurting, or making no difference?
Take our quiz and find out!
Having trouble watching this video? Click here.
Patient Attraction Episode 937
The only goal of your marketing is to put more and better dental patients in your chairs. But no matter how good your marketing might be, it counts for nothing if your staff isn’t converting new patient calls into appointments – or worse, missing those new patient calls. I’ll be back after the break to tell you more.
– I’m Colin Receveur, and this is the Patient Attraction Podcast™.
– I know a lot of dentists, and almost all of them suffer from a common delusion.
– They believe that their phone answerers are doing a great job appointing new patients.
– I’m here to tell you that it just ain’t so for most dentists.
– I understand why dentists feel the way they do about phone calls.
– For one thing, they hire people they like, and it’s hard to think badly about someone you like.
– For another, many dentists run on self-report when it comes to answering phone calls.
– The phone answerers themselves may be blind to their own shortcomings.
– Every new patient call that doesn’t turn into an appointment represents wasted marketing dollars.
– And I don’t know many dentists who can afford to throw away money.
– SmartBox Web Marketing provides its dentists with our exclusive Zetetics® call tracking service.
– All new patient calls are identified by the unique phone number assigned to a particular ad or marketing piece.
– The source of the call, and the call itself, are recorded in an easy-to-access database.
– And SmartBox has an entire team of dedicated Call Quality Analysts who review every phone call every month for all of our dentists.
– Here’s what we found: On average, our Elite level dentists’ offices were not answering nearly 80 calls a month.
– I couldn’t believe it, either, but we tracked calls for an entire quarter, and it’s true.
– But maybe our dentists are outliers, and your staff is better.
– How many calls are they not answering?
– Even if it’s half of what we experienced, that’s nearly 500 phone calls a year!
– And that’s money out of your pocket.
– You don’t have time to hang around the front office and monitor phone calls.
– To learn more about our Zetetics phone tracking service, visit smartboxdentalmarketing.com/zetetics.
– Join me for our next podcast.
– Until tomorrow, keep moving forward.