Is your marketing helping, hurting, or making no difference?
Take our quiz and find out!
Patient Attraction Episode 573: Are YOU Making These Common Dental Marketing Mistakes (Part 14)?
Yesterday, we talked about how dentists can improve their referral programs. Today, I want to expound on that a little more. Stay tuned.
– Hi, Colin here with another Patient Attraction Podcast.
– I’ve been telling you about how powerful a patient-referral system can be for your practice.
– It should help you get the right patients to refer to the right patients.
– The problem is that most people who are the beneficiaries of your best dental work don’t want to tell others they have had work done.
– And making sure your top patients are willing to tell other people that they ARE your patients is just as important as being willing to refer, because some prospects want to talk to an existing patients before making a decision.
– The problem here is that your patients don’t want to be judged.
– They don’t want to be judged for the state of their teeth.
– The don’t want to be judged for wearing bridges or dentures.
– They don’t want to be judged for spending a significant amount on themselves.
– And they don’t want to make the other person feel bad if they can’t do the same.
– Whatever the reason, they have no incentive to tell anyone about the magnificent job you have done.
– They have no reason to credit you for their newfound confidence.
– Unless you give them one.
– As I said yesterday, you can make giving a certain number a referrals a requirement for “membership” in your practice.
– But you must have systems in place to do it in an appropriate manner at case closing and at the end of the restorative phase.
– Another way to get patients to sing your praises is to employ the principle of reciprocity.
– I have done many podcasts about Dr. Robert Cialdini and his weapons of influence.
– Dentists who institute a patient-referral rewards system can continuously reward patients and reap the benefits.
– So, to summarize, dentists can:
-ask in the right way
-ask for specific types of referrals
-build up internal system to target the right patients at the right time
– reward patients who refer
– and make referrals a condition of treatment.
– You can see a significant increase in your numbers of high-margin cases – and in your collections.
– Come back tomorrow and we’ll finish up our series with two days on one of my favorite topics: drip marketing.
– Until tomorrow, keep moving forward.