Having trouble watching this video? Click here.
Patient Attraction Episode 765
Case acceptance is a challenge that every dentist faces. But it’s a fact of life that some dentists are just better than others at getting patients to say yes. After the break, I’ll be back to tell you some of the ways your style and mannerisms might be killing your dental case acceptance.
– Colin Receveur here.
– Welcome to the Patient Attraction Podcast.
– Nobody likes hearing that they’re the problem.
– But when it comes to case acceptance, you just might be.
– Now, not every problem area that I’m going to discuss applies to everyone.
– And they may not apply to you if you’re getting great case acceptance rates.
– Everybody has a personal style.
– Your style is made up of your attitude, facial expressions, and mannerisms.
– Your word choices, tone of voice, and volume also play a role.
– And we’re not conscious of most of these because they’re habit.
– Any one of those parts of your style can cause a negative reaction in your patients, even though you might be trying very hard to be agreeable.
– You might sound too intellectual or like you’re trying hard not to be.
– You might sound too confident, or not confident enough.
– Any discomfort you have may show in your face.
– Or in gestures or even how you angle yourself toward or away from your patient.
– It may not even be you.
– It may just be that you remind them of someone they don’t like.
– Dentistry is a trust-based business.
– Anything that disrupts that trust, even unintentionally, can impact case acceptance and your bottom line.
– To change something in your style that might be causing problems, you have to be aware of it first.
– Getting feedback from people you trust helps a lot.
– After your next case presentation is rejected, do a post-mortem with a staff member who was also there.
– If they identify more than one area, try changing one at a time to see which has the greatest effect on case acceptance.
– That will help you get to “yes” more often.
– If you want to attract more patients in the next 6 months than in the past 6 years, you’re our kind of dentist.
– If you’re serious about doubling or even tripling your share of the patient pie, contact SmartBox.
– Or visit smartboxdentalmarketing.com.
– We’ll help you grow your marketing and your practice.
– Join me for tomorrow’s podcast.
– Until tomorrow, keep moving forward.