Having trouble watching this video? Click here.
Patient Attraction Episode 1152
It’s a great time to be a dentist. The time to make money and grow your dental practice is when the economy is rolling along, wages are up, and people have the funds to spend on discretionary dentistry. I don’t claim to be a seer, but you don’t have to be to realize that now is the time for success-minded dentists. There’s an old saying: When times are bad, you need to market. When times are good, you really need to market. When we come back, I’ll tell the most efficient and consistent way to ensure a steady stream of new patients. Stay tuned.
– Thanks for watching the Patient Attraction Podcast™.
– I’m Colin Receveur.
– It’s easy to get distracted by the antics of the stock market.
– The roller-coaster ride that began in January took a lot of people’s eyes off the fundamentals.
– There’s almost universal agreement that everything looks good for the economy.
– Taxes are down, wages are up, and we’re experiencing a very healthy growth rate.
– The one worry continues to be inflation, and that is something to keep an eye on.
– When everything becomes more expensive, dental care often gets bumped down the list for consumers.
– But overall, this is the time when dental practices should raking it in.
– There are a few things that can get in the way of that.
– One is the overall level of competition, which is at an all-time high.
– More new dentists are graduating, new practices are opening, practices are being sold, and corporate practices are springing up in more markets.
– It’s easy for one doctor’s advertising to get lost in the shuffle.
– That’s especially true if what they’re offering is the same as everyone else – low price, discounts, and insurance acceptance.
– Which brings up the second problem – the dental insurance plans are shifting more of the payment burden to patients.
– Treatment that patients might have accepted in the past may be beyond their ability to pay for now.
– And the third thing is that price advertising doesn’t give prospects a reason to choose you … unless yours is the lowest price, which cuts deep into your margins.
– Dentistry shouldn’t be a commodity business, but low-price advertising sure makes it look that way to prospects.
– If you want to thrive during these boom times, you’ll need to take a different approach.
– You can learn from what the marketing powerhouses have done.
– Apple is a great example.
– It’s hard to say whether Apple’s phones are better than Samsung’s in any meaningful way.
– But Apple has done a great job selling the experience and the status of owning an iPhone.
– They might have hit a wall by trying to upsell a thousand-dollar pocket computer, the iPhone 10.
– But that’s only because they’re in a commodity business and need huge sales.
– You don’t need huge sales, you just need to keep your chairs full.
– The lesson here is that promoting the experience is the way to go.
– By taking that different approach to marketing your practice, you can set yourself apart from the great mass of dentists.
– Standing out in your market is a key factor in getting more patients and, just as important, better patients.
– That’s the essence of what SmartBox does with its industry-leading Patient Attraction System™.
– We provide systems-based, comprehensive marketing that works 24/7 to a steady stream of new patients so our doctors can focus on doing the dentistry.
– Dr. Sean Hanson of Salem, Oregon, is a believer in the power of our Patient Attraction System™.
– He said, “We had probably 20-30 (new patients), maybe 40 before SmartBox per month.
– “Last month, we almost hit 70. We were at 69. Before that, our highest total was 57.
– “Definitely, we’ve seen the influx of new patients.
– “The fact that we’re getting 70 new people a month that are still willing to come and see us on a Monday through Thursday type deal –
– “Which I know isn’t ideal for most people – means that we’re doing something right, and you guys are doing something right.
– “Because we’re driving people to our door who want to come in and will make an adjustment to their schedule to come and see us and make it a priority.”
– Discover what our Patient Attraction System™ can mdo for your practice.
– Visit smartboxdentalmarketing.com and reserve your no-cost, no-obligation Practice Discovery Session™.
– After the session, you’ll receive your free Patient Attraction Roadmap™ as well.
– The time to make money is now, and you’ll make much more of it with SmartBox.
– Join me for our next podcast.
– Until then, keep moving forward.