Is your marketing helping, hurting, or making no difference?
Take our quiz and find out!
Patient Attraction Episode 451
Today is the birthday of the late Jacques Cousteau, the original Aquaman. After the break, I’m going to tell you what that has to do with helping dentists reach their goals. Stay tuned.
– Hi, Colin Receveur here.
– I must say, I love scuba diving.
– Jacques Cousteau, whom many of you probably remember from his show The Undersea World of Jacques Cousteau in the ’60s and ’70s, helped invent the first underwater breathing apparatus.
– He would have been 105 today.
– Here is the question I would ask you?
– Do you have the freedom to go scuba diving in places like Mexico and the Bahamas?
– Can you leave your practice for a week or two at a time?
– Do you have the financial means to take such trips?
– If not, why not?
– Even if scuba isn’t your thing, could you go to the beach or the mountains or to follow ZZ Top around the country for a month if you wanted?
– We have clients who have climbed mountains for weeks at a time.
– Do you have the freedom from your practice to do that?
– You should.
– And you can.
– As yourself these questions:
– How many hours do you work in an average week?
– How many hours do you WANT to work in an average week?
– What will it take to make this happen?
– How much time do you spend hunched over a chair each week?
– How much time do you spend in your office or elsewhere doing administrative tasks?
– How much time do you spend strategizing how to grow your business or make the changes it takes to accomplish your goals?
– How much vacation do you have planned this year?
– How much did you take last year and the year before?
– How much do you want to be able to take?
– How long do you plan to work?
– What will it take to make that happen?
– Attracting more and better patients may be the answer to some or all these questions.
– But it usually isn’t the ONLY answer.
– Marketing is not a silver bullet, but more like one piece of a finely tuned economic engine.
– Come back tomorrow when we will conclude our series on how dentists can be successful.
– Until then, keep moving forward.