Is your marketing helping, hurting, or making no difference?
Take our quiz and find out!
Patient Attraction Episode 448
What are your goals for your practice? What do you want? How do you define success? These are always some of the first questions I ask my PROSPECTIVE clients. If you are working with any kind of advertising or marketing agency and they don’t ask these questions in the first few minutes, you should walk away. Let’s talk more about this when we return.
– Hi, Colin Receveur here.
– I am founder and CEO of SmartBox Web Marketing, where we deliver dentists more and better patients with our industry-leading patient attraction system.
– I’d like to spend this week talking about what you want out of your practice and why that is important.
– If the question were that simple, I could spend two minutes talking about it today and spend the rest of the week talking about other ways to bring you more patients, more profits and more freedom.
– But most people want multiple things from their practice, and they want it for a variety of reasons.
– I’m going to take you through the questions we ask prospective clients so we can best identify how to help them get what they want.
– Sometimes they know exactly what they want and even have a good idea how to get there.
– Sometimes they know what they want but don’t know how to get there.
– Sometimes they don’t know what they want until we show them what they can have.
– And some clients THINK they know what they want, but through asking these questions realize they REALLY want something different.
– Any agency that wants to help you achieve your goals should be asking some version of these questions.
– If they are not, you are going to get a cookie-cutter, one-size-fits-some marketing or advertising plan.
– Let’s start with questions about you:
- How and why did you decide to become a dentist?
– This is about motivation.
– It also can be a good selling point that your dental prospects and patients can relate to.
- Describe your practice.
– While the details are important, you perspective on your practice can be very telling.
– It can tell whether you have a positive or negative view of your practice.
– It also can tell whether you are happy or disappointed in the direction of your practice.
- What frustrates you about your practice or what does a bad day look like?
– These are challenges that we may be able to help you overcome.
- Finally, what goals are you working toward?
– This is a big one for me.
– If you don’t know where you’re going, web marketing isn’t going to help you get there.
– You have to take some initiative and give us some direction to help you.
– Success is a destination with a lot of addresses.
– If you don’t have goals – big goals – then we probably aren’t the right marketing firm for you, and I want to know that up front.
– Come back tomorrow when we will look more in-depth at your practice.
– Until then, keep moving forward.