Is your marketing helping, hurting, or making no difference?
Take our quiz and find out!
Patient Attraction Episode 249
Happy November everyone. I’m Colin Receveur, and we’re going to spend this week looking at some of the greatest sports moments in American history and seeing what lessons they have for your dental marketing. Stay tuned.
– I’m not THAT big a sports fan, but some sporting events or moments are just so memorable, you can’t help but be moved by them.
– I came across the one we’re going to start with today and it inspired me to do this whole series.
– Today I want to start with one near and dear to me, the Louisville Lip, Muhammad Ali.
– I live and grew up right across the Ohio River from Louisville, Ky., home of Muhammad Ali and now home to the museum that bears his name.
– There are so many iconic Ali fights to choose from, but I’m going to talk about one that happened almost 40 years ago to the day: the Rumble in the Jungle.
– You can find a video of this fight on YouTube at https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=55AasOJZzDE.
– There are many subtexts to this fight, held Oct. 30, 1974, in what was then Kinshasa, Zaire.
– The one that matters to us is this:
– The aging, slower Ali against the undefeated, bigger, younger, knockout artist George Foreman.
– In what has been called “arguably the greatest sporting event of the 20th century,” Ali entered a new term into the English lexicon: “Rope a Dope.”
– Ali allowed the big puncher Foreman to wear himself out, taking a vicious beating for 7 1/2 rounds.
– Then, in the 8th, Ali unleashed all of his power and fury on Foreman, knocking out the seemingly invincible champion and regaining the heavyweight title.
– I’ll tell you, that gives me chills just thinking about that.
– Does Ali remind you of yourself against some upstart newcomers?
– Is there a commercial or chain dentistry office syphoning off your patients?
– Are they outspending you on advertising, office space and equipment?
– So you’ve taken all of their blows.
– When are you going to fight back and regain your title?
– If you’re ready to discover what my clients know that you don’t about attracting patients online, you should schedule a Patient Attraction Blueprint Session. They are free to serious dentists who want to see a patient attraction system that can double their practice. For more information, go to smartboxdentalmarketing.com/blueprint.
– Come back tomorrow and we’ll discuss the greatest basketball player the world has ever seen.
– Until then, keep moving forward.