Having trouble watching this video? Click here.
Patient Attraction Episode 868
A few months ago, SmartBox Web Marketing notified our dentists that we would be cutting back on the number of press releases for their practices. After the break, I’ll tell you the reason we made that decision and why you should be cautious in sending out press releases for your practice.
– Welcome to the Patient Attraction Podcast™.
– I’m Colin Receveur.
– There have been recent changes in how Google treats press releases.
– Those changes can impact dentists’ online search rankings.
– It seems that the more things change, the more they stay the same.
– Back when keywords were the Holy Grail of search placement, a lot of people began stuffing as many keywords as possible into their online content.
– Then Google caught on and began penalizing keyword stuffing.
– Press releases went through a similar phase of excess.
– Companies would send out press releases for almost anything, and most of those releases weren’t worth anything.
– Google has caught on, and that phase has ended.
– Google now treats generic press releases as spam, and being labeled a spammer can get you a penalty on search engine results pages.
– Some dentists are now reluctant to send out any press releases at all, but that’s the wrong attitude.
– If we can get away from the “if some is good, more is better” mindset, we’ll see that there’s still valid use for press releases.
– Press releases used to be reserved for things that were actually newsworthy.
– And when they’re used for genuine news, press releases are still fine.
– If you add staff, expand your services, or upgrade or add additional technology or equipment, those are valid reasons for issuing a press release.
– Likewise, if you’re featured on the news or at a community event, hold a lecture, or have a speaking engagement, press releases are appropriate.
– Use press releases appropriately and give your dental patients and prospects even more reasons to choose you.
– Speaking of prospects, are you getting enough new patients in chairs?
– If not, your dental marketing could use a good going-over.
– Are you ready to fast-track your success? Are you ready for more patients, more profits, and more freedom? If so, go to smartboxdentalmarketing.com/application.
– Until next time, keep moving forward.