Is your marketing helping, hurting, or making no difference?
Take our quiz and find out!
Having trouble watching this video? Click here.
Patient Attraction Episode 784
A February article in TechCrunch discussed how Google is now highlighting Accelerated Mobile Pages, or AMP, in mobile search. After the break, I’ll tell you how dentists can benefit from AMPing up their mobile-compatible websites.
– I’m Colin Receveur.
– Welcome to the Patient Attraction Podcast.
– Mobile-compatible websites are an absolute requirement these days.
– Google will penalize you if your site doesn’t load quickly or display properly on smartphones and tablets.
– If your site is already mobile compatible, there’s another way to decrease its loading time and maybe get highlighted in search results.
– Accelerated Mobile Pages, or AMP, is an open-source project that works with a number of publishers, including WordPress.
– It also works with Google Analytics and other analytics services as well as various ad networks.
– According to Google, AMPed pages load up to four times faster.
– In part, that’s because they’re less data-intense versions of regular web pages.
– Google is also pre-rendering some of these pages.
– Obviously, being highlighted by Google is a major marketing advantage.
– Even without that, faster loading means fewer mobile searchers leaving your site for a competitor’s.
– In today’s ultra-competitive online environment, you need every advantage you can get.
– And it can be really tough to keep up with all the new advantages offered by new technology.
– AMPing up your mobile-compatible website is a great idea, if you have the time and expertise to pull it off.
– If not, consider partnering with SmartBox Web Marketing.
– We help dentists get more patients, more profits, and more freedom.
– If you want to see how Dr. Ronald Receveur increased collections from $900K to more than $2 million in just five years without “selling,” you should go to www.doublecollectionswithoutselling.com.
– Tune in to the next podcast.
– Until then, keep moving forward.