Is your marketing helping, hurting, or making no difference?
Take our quiz and find out!
Having trouble watching this video? Click here.
Patient Attraction Episode 829
It’s not often I talk about public relations campaigns in terms of dentistry. But almost any dentist can find himself or herself in the public eye. It takes only one interesting development, breakthrough, or paper. I’ll be back to tell you how to get the most out of your moment in the limelight.
– Welcome to the Patient Attraction Podcast.
– I’m Colin Receveur.
– When the unusual and noteworthy happens to you, be prepared to make the most of it.
– You’ll generally announce the event, success, or finding through a press release.
– When your dental press release gets picked up by the media, you’ll find it being shared.
– You may get inquiries asking to know more about that event or finding, and you.
– Here are 5 ways to get more mileage out of your PR.
– Number 1: Share your press release on your blog and website.
– Also, make sure that you have one or more separate posts noting any additional coverage.
– Number 2: Ask for backlinks from people or organizations who have shared your press release.
– A simple, polite email requesting the link to your blog or dental website is often all it takes.
– You can cite your blog or website as a source of additional information.
– Number 3: Contact your local newspapers and TV and radio stations.
– These media outlets are always hungry for quality, local newsworthy items.
– If you land an interview, make sure you prep yourself well beforehand.
– Number 4: Go cross-platform.
– Facebook isn’t the only social media platform, just the most popular.
– Consider Twitter, Instagram, and others to broaden your reach.
– Number 5: Consider increasing your impact via paid advertising.
– That could be local newspaper, trade journals, online banner ads, or pay-per-click.
– You may never find yourself waging a public relations campaign.
– But then again, you might, and it’s best to have a plan before going public.
– Use these 5 tips as the basis for your PR campaign, and make the most of it.
– Join me for the next podcast.
– Until then, keep moving forward.