Is your marketing helping, hurting, or making no difference?
Take our quiz and find out!
Having trouble watching this video? Click here.
Patient Attraction Episode 862
A recent article in ADA News revealed that the organization is challenging Delta Dental’s disallow policies. While dental insurance may be an inescapable part of life, dentists who are getting squeezed by declining reimbursements should look at attracting more patients who aren’t insurance-driven. I’ll be back to tell you more. Stay tuned.
– Welcome to the Patient Attraction Podcast™.
– I’m Colin Receveur.
– In late June, the ADA sent a second, more strongly worded letter to Delta Dental protesting Delta’s disallow policy.
– In essence, the ADA’s position is that Delta is preventing patients from receiving medically necessary services – and putting dentists in an ethical dilemma.
– Almost every dentist has experienced the frustration of one or more insurance companies standing in the way of treatment.
– And the current climate of declining reimbursements makes it tough to grow your practice.
– If a lot of your practice is catering to insurance patients, you’ll have to put a lot more patients in chairs to make up for lowered reimbursements.
– But how long can you keep that up?
– There’s another way, and that’s to attract the segment of the population with discretionary income that wants to choose their own dentist.
– There are a lot more of them out there than you might think.
– That could be because you’re not seeing them in your practice.
– And because you’re not marketing to and for them.
– There’s a way to attract the patients you want, the ones who will stay, pay, and refer.
– And it’s not continuing to do what you’ve always done.
– Attracting more and better patients begins with your website.
– If you’d like me to evaluate your website and tell you how it can be improved, go to smartboxdentalmarketing.com, go to the Resources tab, click Products, and then click on The Swift Kick Dental Website Review about halfway down the page. You can order a customized 30-minute video critique of your site, social media presence, online patient reviews, dental videos, and more using our 131-point dental web marketing checklist.
– Until the next podcast, keep moving forward.