Is your marketing helping, hurting, or making no difference?
Take our quiz and find out!
Patient Attraction Episode 337
Hi, Colin here, and I want to give a shout out to doctors Bonaventure, Landry and Finley down in Louisiana on this fantastic Fat Tuesday. Today I’m going to tell you how you can market yourself like Mardi Gras.
– How many of us would love to go to Mardi Gras?
– It’s another one of those bucket list trips for many of us.
– That got me to thinking about the lure of Mardi Gras.
– What is it about Mardi Gras that is such a draw?
– I know the first thing many of you think of: “beads.”
– More specifically, what it takes to earn beads.
– And while that is what is popularized on TV most, Mardi Gras is really so much more than that.
– It’s the parades, costumes, and masquerade balls.
– It’s also Hurricanes, those super-strong drinks, not the weather pattern.
– Mostly it’s the ambiance of just being on Bourbon Street.
– It’s the historic French Quarter with the beignets and the balconies.
– It also commemorates the last day of hedonism or gluttony before the six weeks of Lent.
– So what can dentists learn about marketing from Mardis Gras?
– First, stick to who you are.
– I made a mention of “beads” earlier jokingly, but let’s not kid ourselves: that is a big draw.
– So does New Orleans start cracking down on people for public indecency in the name of becoming a “family event”?
– It lets people do what they want within reason.
– It knows who it is and doesn’t try to be something else.
– That’s what you should do.
– Don’t call yourself a family dentist if you don’t want to see kids.
– Don’t offer services you don’t believe in.
– Second, New Orleans plays to its strengths.
– Beautiful location for a huge outdoor party? Check.
– What are your strengths?
– Are you fantastic with kids?
– Great at making dentures?
– Whatever it is, market to that.
– Set yourself apart.
– Finally, you’ve got to get a krewe.
– Krewes are the groups that put together the floats in the Mardi Gras parades.
– Some of these societies are decades old.
– But the most important thing about them is that they keep the traditions alive and unite over a common cause.
– This is what you want to do with your patients.
– You want them telling people about your practice, how great it is, and why they should come into your office.
– If you are celebrating Mardi Gras today, enjoy your King Cake and good luck finding the baby.
– Until tomorrow, keep moving forward.