Is your marketing helping, hurting, or making no difference?
Take our quiz and find out!
Patient Attraction Episode 223
Welcome to the final day of our series on inbound marketing. When we come back, I’m going to look into my crystal marketing ball and tell you the future. Stay tuned.
– Colin Receveur here on this fantastic Friday, September 26.
– Today I want to tell you about the future, as I see it, for dental marketing.
– The first things is dental marketing will move more online.
– Traditional marketing includes ads on TV spots and in the newspaper and telephone directory.
– You know what those three things have in common?
– They’re all being replaced by the Internet.
– People DVR their shows and skip the ads – and that’s if they watch TV at all instead of Netflix or Hulu!
– Newspapers are losing readership like it’s a disease.
– And the Yellow Pages are as unnecessary as a horse and buggy.
– That’s because whatever you can get from those three media can be found ON DEMAND, exactly what you’re looking for, online.
– So if you’re patients are looking online, where do you need to be?
– Second, this move online will cause a bump in inbound marketing.
– If prospects are looking online for targeted information, there is no need to take a shotgun approach to finding them.
– Third, geo-fencing and geo-targeted marketing.
– Geo-fencing is a feature in a software program that uses GPS or radio frequency identification to define geographical boundaries.
– When a device enters or leaves the geo-fenced boundaries, they get a text message or email.
– So when someone in your database gets within a few blocks of your practice, they might get a text message that says, “Stop in and see Dr. Smith to say hello. We want to see that beautiful smile.”
– Geo-targeting is when you deliver content to a website visitor based on his or her location.
– So someone sitting within a few blocks of your practice might see content that emphasizes your great location, whereas someone on the other side of town might emphasize your convenient hours.
– Or someone from a part of town with an older demographic might get content that emphasizes dentures or implants and someone in a younger part of town might see more content on cosmetic dentistry.
– Finally, remarketing and retargeting will become even bigger.
– With remarketing, someone buys a product or service from you online, and they receive an email or get directed to a landing page that shows them other similar products or what other people who have bought that product have bought.
– With retargeting, someone who visits your website and then leaves will see targeted ads from your practice on other websites.
– This continues a trend that is already big, and that is making sure you keep your name in front of potential patients.
– In fact, I am so convinced of this that SmartBox now a branded application with automated email campaigns built out that can automate your internal and external marketing.
– It’s a phenomenal time for dentists to make more money, have more free time, and attract more patients without making more effort.
– Technology finally allows docs to work less and make more.
– I hope you’ve enjoyed this series.
– Come back next week and I’ll bag on social media.
– Enjoy your weekend, and keep moving forward.