Is your marketing helping, hurting, or making no difference?
Take our quiz and find out!
Patient Attraction Episode 270
Welcome back everyone to day two of our nine ways you can improve your marketing. We hit the first four yesterday, and we’ll finish the list with the final five when we return.
– I’m Colin Receveur and today is Tuesday, Dec. 2.
– Yesterday I told you that to make your marketing stand out, you should:
- Be Independent. Don’t do what everyone else is doing.
- Shake Things Up. Add value to your practice with new services or equipment.
- Reinvigorate Your Brand. Maybe it’s time to update that logo, signage or website.
- Appeal to a Broad Audience. Make sure your marketing message appeals to multiple demographics.
– Today we’re going to start with number 5, BUILD TRUST.
– There are many ways you can do this:
– Address your patients’ needs instead of what you offer
– Provide useful information BEFORE they become your patient
– And the best way is to use video.
– When a potential patient watches you on video, he or she can see your mannerisms, hear your voice and get to know you.
– Video establishes trust as no other medium can.
– Next, is LOCATION, LOCATION, LOCATION.
– I don’t mean your physical location, though having a nice building that is easy to reach with plenty of parking is certainly a plus.
– I mean put your marketing message where people are looking.
– In the 21st century, that means on the web.
– In the age of smartphones and 24/7 Internet access, when was the last time you looked in a phone book for information?
– Research shows that 85 percent of customers are looking for local businesses online.
– If you want new patients to find you, you have to have a STRONG web presence.
– The number 7 way to enhance your marketing is to THINK LONG-TERM.
– Forget coupons (short-term)
– Build relationships through email marketing (longer-term)
– Forget gimmicks (short-term)
– Provide information through content (long-term)
– If you use specials and discounts to bring in patients, they’ll leave you the next time somebody offers a better special or discount.
– Eighth, KNOW YOUR PATIENTS’ NEEDS.
– I touched on this a second ago in building trust.
– Address what is important to them, not what is important to you.
– Prospects don’t care if you use digital X-rays.
– They do care that they are exposed to less radiation.
– So don’t market your digital X-ray machine.
– Market that you can expose them to 90 percent less radiation.
– And finally, ACT NOW.
– Start small, but start.
– Start slow, but start.
– Whatever you do, start.
– For ways that you can get started, check out my book, “Attract More Patients in the Next Six Months Than in the Last Six Years.” The book is the culmination of all my marketing expertise, and it can be yours for only the $4.97 cost of shipping at www.MoreAndBetterPatients.com.
– Come back tomorrow and I’ll give you some tips on making great explainer videos.
– Until then, Keep Moving Forward.