Patient Attraction Episode 443
Search engine optimization cannot be emphasized enough to dentists who want to dominate with their web marketing. I know I podcast about it frequently, but it really is very important. When we come back, I’m going to give you a really easy list of do’s and don’ts for dental SEO. Stay tuned.
– Welcome back.
– Colin Receveur here.
– Search engine optimization, or SEO, is really the foundation of organic web marketing.
– If your dental website doesn’t have the keywords and keyword phrases that people are searching for, your website isn’t going to be found with the regularity you need.
– So here is a list of 11 do’s and don’ts of SEO
- Do know the best keywords for what you want to accomplish.
– You must be choosy.
– For instance, “Charlotte dentist “ may be a highly searched term, but by whom?
– People who are just beginning their search.
– You probably are looking for the person who searches “Arlington implants dentist.”
– This is a searcher further along in the searching process.
- Don’t “stuff “ keywords all over your website.
– Putting a keyword 10 times in 300 words of copy may have worked once upon a time, but now it will get you penalized by Google.
- Do write naturally.
– While including keywords is important, so is being understandable to real prospects.
- Don’t use multiple sites to use more keywords.
– Google recommends having just one quality site.
- Do have a quality site!
– This means it has articles that are long enough to have value but typographically are easy to scan.
– This also means have a site that is responsive, or able to be read on multiple devices.
– Having a quality site also means incorporating keywords into your titles, descriptions, and URL page names.
- Don’t use Flash.
– Not every mobile device can read Flash, so this can cause a bad user experience.
– Some search engines can’t crawl Flash, either.
- Do use Google properties, like YouTube and Google+.
– Fill out your Google+ profile.
– If you have video, load them on YouTube instead of Vimeo or another service.
- Finally, don’t buy links to your site.
– The number of inbound links does affect your page ranking.
– But the number of low-value links can HURT your page ranking.
– Avoid this black hat tactic.
– I’ll give you a bonus tip, and it is both a do and a don’t: do put your content on social media, as any sharing and exposure it gets you will help with SEO, but don’t invest a lot of time in it.
– New patients are not on social media looking for a dentist.
– They are on Google, which is why SEO is so important.
– Until tomorrow, keep moving forward.