Is your marketing helping, hurting, or making no difference?
Take our quiz and find out!
Patient Attraction Episode 443
Search engine optimization cannot be emphasized enough to dentists who want to dominate with their web marketing. I know I podcast about it frequently, but it really is very important. When we come back, I’m going to give you a really easy list of do’s and don’ts for dental SEO. Stay tuned.
– Welcome back.
– Colin Receveur here.
– Search engine optimization, or SEO, is really the foundation of organic web marketing.
– If your dental website doesn’t have the keywords and keyword phrases that people are searching for, your website isn’t going to be found with the regularity you need.
– So here is a list of 11 do’s and don’ts of SEO
- Do know the best keywords for what you want to accomplish.
– You must be choosy.
– For instance, “Charlotte dentist “ may be a highly searched term, but by whom?
– People who are just beginning their search.
– You probably are looking for the person who searches “Arlington implants dentist.”
– This is a searcher further along in the searching process.
- Don’t “stuff “ keywords all over your website.
– Putting a keyword 10 times in 300 words of copy may have worked once upon a time, but now it will get you penalized by Google.
- Do write naturally.
– While including keywords is important, so is being understandable to real prospects.
- Don’t use multiple sites to use more keywords.
– Google recommends having just one quality site.
- Do have a quality site!
– This means it has articles that are long enough to have value but typographically are easy to scan.
– This also means have a site that is responsive, or able to be read on multiple devices.
– Having a quality site also means incorporating keywords into your titles, descriptions, and URL page names.
- Don’t use Flash.
– Not every mobile device can read Flash, so this can cause a bad user experience.
– Some search engines can’t crawl Flash, either.
- Do use Google properties, like YouTube and Google+.
– Fill out your Google+ profile.
– If you have video, load them on YouTube instead of Vimeo or another service.
- Finally, don’t buy links to your site.
– The number of inbound links does affect your page ranking.
– But the number of low-value links can HURT your page ranking.
– Avoid this black hat tactic.
– I’ll give you a bonus tip, and it is both a do and a don’t: do put your content on social media, as any sharing and exposure it gets you will help with SEO, but don’t invest a lot of time in it.
– New patients are not on social media looking for a dentist.
– They are on Google, which is why SEO is so important.
– Until tomorrow, keep moving forward.