Is your marketing helping, hurting, or making no difference?
Take our quiz and find out!
Having trouble watching this video? Click here.
Patient Attraction Episode 820
An attractive, informative, and user-friendly website is essential to attract new dental patients. Unfortunately, too many dentists’ websites fall short. I’ll be back to tell you 7 things prospective patients hate about your website, and why. Stay tuned.
– I’m Colin Receveur, founder and CEO of SmartBox Web Marketing.
– Welcome to the Patient Attraction Podcast.
– Research shows that more than 80 percent of consumers conduct online research before making a purchasing decision.
– Those decisions include vehicles, clothes, refrigerators, and health care professionals.
– Your website has to convince them to choose you.
– Here are 7 reasons why your prospective dental patients hate your website.
– Number 1: It doesn’t answer their questions.
– Your website content has to help them find solutions to their problems in terms they can understand.
– Write for patients, not other dentists.
– Number 2: It loads slowly.
– These days, lack of speed kills.
– If your website takes more than a few seconds to load, prospective dental patients will go elsewhere.
– Number 3: It’s not mobile-friendly.
– More web searches are conducted from mobile devices than from desktop computers.
– If patients can’t navigate your site, or if it doesn’t display properly, they’ll find another dentist.
– Number 4: It has annoying pop-ups.
– Patients want answers for dental problems, not come-on offers.
– Give them what they want first.
– Number 5: It’s hard to navigate.
– Attention spans are shorter than ever, and you have very little time to convince searchers that they should stay.
– Navigation has to be obvious, intuitive, and work properly.
– Number 6: It has rotating images that load slowly.
– Anything that slows down the patient’s search is a potential lost patient.
– Number 7: It’s not obvious what services you offer.
– If a patient finds your website by searching for dental implants, they shouldn’t have to search to find implants on your site.
– If you’d like me to evaluate your website and tell you how it can be improved, go to smartboxdentalmarketing.com, go to the Resources tab, click Products, and then click on The Swift Kick Dental Website Review. You can order a customized 30-minute video critique of your site, social media presence, online patient reviews, dental videos, and more using our 131-point dental web marketing checklist.
– Join me for tomorrow’s podcast.
– Until then, keep moving forward.